Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's irrelevant because it's not our money.
That depends on how you view the club. There are three ways a club can spend:
1. Spend money coming into the club from broadcasting revenues, merchandising income or ticket sales.
2. Borrow money. This will be paid back from future years revenue from 1.
3. Sugar daddy cash. We don't have one.

In my view owners are custodians of clubs, it really belongs to the fans, we fund the club indirectly and will always remain with it through various ownerships. So, somewhere down the line, it is our cash and we should try to get value from it. In a stagnant global economy revenues cannot rise indefinitely, we should always aim to be prudent.

That depends on how you view the club. There are three ways a club can spend:
1. Spend money coming into the club from broadcasting revenues, merchandising income or ticket sales.
2. Borrow money. This will be paid back from future years revenue from 1.
3. Sugar daddy cash. We don't have one.

In my view owners are custodians of clubs, it really belongs to the fans, we fund the club indirectly and will always remain with it through various ownerships. So, somewhere down the line, it is our cash and we should try to get value from it. In a stagnant global economy revenues cannot rise indefinitely, we should always aim to be prudent.

Well it's not like stumping up an extra £5m for Sigurdsson means I can't go get my Greggs at dinner time is it.

Boring this. Somebody post a gif or something.

uvou947.gif

Completely wrong I've not become arrogant I have been saying for weeks that all we have done is spend the money we made from sales. I am nowhere near as nieve as most on here who think we have spent and are showing ambition because technically even Huddersfield have spent more than us this year

My point is that I don't see us being that far off inter. We play in a very strong league. Southampton beat inter last year they are no world beaters. They qualify for Europe and the champions league most seasons because there's is less competition in their league. When we have qualified for the europa league we usually go quite far in it just as inter have. Reason being you never really meet decent sides until the last 16

Crikey, I must have slept far longer than I thought last night. I didn't even notice the £100m spend by Huddersfield...

Completely wrong I've not become arrogant I have been saying for weeks that all we have done is spend the money we made from sales. I am nowhere near as nieve as most on here who think we have spent and are showing ambition because technically even Huddersfield have spent more than us this year

My point is that I don't see us being that far off inter. We play in a very strong league. Southampton beat inter last year they are no world beaters. They qualify for Europe and the champions league most seasons because there's is less competition in their league. When we have qualified for the europa league we usually go quite far in it just as inter have. Reason being you never really meet decent sides until the last 16

I'm nieve, you're nieve, we're all nieve. You're probably nieve too. Fortunately we are not naive.

Southampton beat Inter. Therefore Southampton > Inter.

Liverpool beat Bayern. Therefore Liverpool > Bayern.

You don't have a point. Give up.

7th is the minimum requirement. No way we will finish below West Ham and Soton. There is a huge gap between 7th and the teams below.

I'd like to agree and you are probably right, but West Ham's signings have been OK. They have the potential to go either way really. Zabaleta is old but may still do a job and Hernandez could do well there, although I think the lack of quality supplying him may tell. Arnautovic and Hart are both good players on their day but can also have quite a few off days too.

Southampton are a side I don't rate too highly but they still got a to a Cup Final last season and finished 8th. Their league positions over the past 5 years have been almost as high as ours on average.

Expecting 7th at worst but there is a chance that a Leicester or West Ham could potentially get ahead of us if we do not adequately strengthen up front.

I'd like to agree and you are probably right, but West Ham's signings have been OK. They have the potential to go either way really. Zabaleta is old but may still do a job and Hernandez could do well there, although I think the lack of quality supplying him may tell. Arnautovic and Hart are both good players on their day but can also have quite a few off days too.

Southampton are a side I don't rate too highly but they still got a to a Cup Final last season and finished 8th. Their league positions over the past 5 years have been almost as high as ours on average.

Expecting 7th at worst but there is a chance that a Leicester or West Ham could potentially get ahead of us if we do not adequately strengthen up front.

Not at all worried about West Ham

Far far to many average players even with who they bought this summer.

Hanandez is decent

Hart is gash, zabaleta is old and Arnoutavic or what ever his name is just a crappier more inconsistent Mirallas

They should be worrying about Leicester and WBA both are bettter than them

Status
Not open for further replies.