Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the club want to make a statement and are really serious about going for titles then they'd make ambitious offers for top players

Giving Barry a new two year deal, signing martina etc does not scream title challenge

No body expected we would sign lukaku and we did.

They've sold some but have said him, Fabinho - and they hope - Mbappe stay one more year. Their owner said this i.e. the guy who knows if they need the money or not.

If the right offer comes in I'd imagine they'd still sell. We sold lukaku and didn't have too

If the club want to make a statement and are really serious about going for titles then they'd make ambitious offers for top players

Giving Barry a new two year deal, signing martina etc does not scream title challenge

No body expected we would sign lukaku and we did.
I think we all know we are not going to get any big players, we are just buying the best players from the sludge of the league and try slogging it out.

We don't have the ambition to be a top 6 team when you actually think about it,
Maybe next summer? Who knows.

If we had any ambition we would be matching that 222m price.

Screen-Shot-2016-04-24-at-11.48.29-AM.png

I think we all know we are not going to get any big players, we are just buying the best players from the sludge of the league and try slogging it out.

So ambition is going out and offering money to clubs for big CL players? We tried that last summer if you remember, didn't work out too well.

If we have the money we say we have the ambition the club say they have let's go for it. They've not shown me once they genuinely mean that. Re signing Barry and signing martina shows nothing has changed.

There is nothing stopping us from going for someone like icardi and signing a real top striker to compete with the top six

Status
Not open for further replies.