2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why we signed him with the Coleman injury and everything but I would like to have seen Jonjoe Kenny given a chance instead.

I hope he's not another squad filler that we all celebrate when they leave E.G Cleverly, Mcgeady, Gibson etc

I can see why we signed him with the Coleman injury and everything but I would like to have seen Jonjoe Kenny given a chance instead.

I hope he's not another squad filler that we all celebrate when they leave E.G Cleverly, Mcgeady, Gibson etc
He is after all Southampton's 3rd choice right back who in two seasons played 22 games as a defender he is non existent!

Because he was free and couldn't get a game at Southampton, most have decided he can't play football and overreact so much..

No hes not amazing but hes not as bad as some make out

The knives are out for Cuco but I was determined to give him a chance. Towards the end I was worried every time they attacked down our right as they were targeting him as the weak link who couldn't stop crosses.
Deserves more time but tonight he showed exactly why he was released by a team below us.
I watched Kenny for England and he was outstanding. RK seems blind to that and I seriously question his judgement here. SW wouldn't have touched Cuco with a barge pole if it was solely his choice.

Seems like post Osman Martina is already designated as the new whipping boy.
Fact is he did not have a good game, but how many did? I'll wait until he's played at least a dozen games before I make my Cuco out banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.