Match Thread Everton vs Ruzemberok, Thursday 27th July, 8.05pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS, it's only around a two and a half hour flight to Slovakia from Liverpool :blush:. I know people who spend longer than that commuting to and from work each day.
yes, but it's more than just flight time isn't it: it's all the faffing about at the airport, organising passports and travellers cheques etc etc. Also, I think they are in a different time zone so that can play havoc with the body clock. And the climate?...that can discombobulate you as can different pollens and other allergens.
Make no mistake mate, this a tough trip on the body. As I said earlier, park the bus and deny their classy forwards any shots on goal.

I think we were "okay" overall; a bit too fancy at times but in contrast to looking panicked with over forcing it forward we tried to pick the gaps and did at times. Couple of players let us down when we lost possession but job done.

No tempo and we looked like a team of strangers, the Martina/Calvert Lewin combo didn't work, worryingly we appeared to treat it as just a pre season game and not a competitive fixture, we could quite easily have been going over there at 1-1 or even 1-2 down, on the plus side we won, didn't concede and it's another 90 minutes in the can,a lot of work to be done now next thursday,COYB.

My thoughts of the game.. Baines is still class albeit he's lost his pace but very comfortable on the ball. Ramirez looked sharp! Rooney needs the ball playing to his feet. Klaasen with some good first touch passes but still hope to see more offered than tonight. We were a much better squad in the second half and I think this is a koeman tactic to go all out in the second but what do I know. Pre season game

I thought Martina aside the new signings looked good. All looked an upgrade on what we've had of late. Early days with the fitness and team gelling but I'm looking forward with optimism

yes, but it's more than just flight time isn't it: it's all the faffing about at the airport, organising passports and travellers cheques etc etc. Also, I think they are in a different time zone so that can play havoc with the body clock. And the climate?...that can discombobulate you as can different pollens and other allergens.
Make no mistake mate, this a tough trip on the body. As I said earlier, park the bus and deny their classy forwards any shots on goal.

1) I'm pretty sure the football club don't ask the players to organize their own travel visas, if required.
2) Personally I think the last time I used travellers cheques was in about 2001. Times, they are a changin'.
3) It's one hour's time difference in Slovakia. Oh, the humanity.
4) Great use of the word "discombobulated". Very impressed, I must use this word more often.

Nice to have a RB with a whipping cross on him. Keane was a solid CB. Thought Klaasen was lively and Gana was terrific. Early days lads, but I reckon we've got the germ of a very good team.

Slow transitions,no pressing and so laboured,some of the misplaced passing was woeful to see with giving the ball away so easily,no pace in that side which is alarming.

Only bright spot is the season is 3 weeks away.

I hate pre-season. Looking at the positives; Gueye is immense, and Sandro will be a crowd favourite.
Rooney? He can't be our main striker. He needs to be in that free role across the attack to be effective. We need Siggy and we desperately need a quality striker.
I'm just repeating what everyone already knows, but the optimism of new signings has been replaced with a healthy dose of realism despite it only being pre-season.

Nice to have a RB with a whipping cross on him. Keane was a solid CB. Thought Klaasen was lively and Gana was terrific. Early days lads, but I reckon we've got the germ of a very good team.

yep.

it didn't quite click tonight and even though it's pre-season we really should have put 3-4 past these.

Sharpens the focus for next week, though!

1) I'm pretty sure the football club don't ask the players to organize their own travel visas, if required.
2) Personally I think the last time I used travellers cheques was in about 2001. Times, they are a changin'.
3) It's one hour's time difference in Slovakia. Oh, the humanity.
4) Great use of the word "discombobulated". Very impressed, I must use this word more often.
:Blink: really? Are you suggesting the players all go to the airports Bureau de Change and convert pounds into Slovakian currency? That's quite a bit of faffing about with conversion rates, ensuring the bureau actually has enough Slovakian currency on hand etc etc, and carrying all that cash is not the safest...

:Blink: really? Are you suggesting the players all go to the airports Bureau de Change and convert pounds into Slovakian currency? That's quite a bit of faffing about with conversion rates, ensuring the bureau actually has enough Slovakian currency on hand etc etc, and carrying all that cash is not the safest...

We have these things in the year 2017. Safe as houses.

upload_2017-7-28_10-24-39.png

Status
Not open for further replies.