Match Thread Everton vs Ruzemberok, Thursday 27th July, 8.05pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back Dario and spot on, very lucky not to be 1-1 or 2-1 down so I'll take that 1-0 win and run.

Another week of hard training will hopefully set us up nicely for next week. That right hand side was bloody hideous tonight though wasn't it lol
Not having a go at Calvert lewin macca,the kids a centre forward,not a wide man,just wasn't impressed with Martina though,kenny surely has to come in?

All looks a bit disjointed right now. Hopefully after a couple months they start learning how each other play and work to their strengths.

agreed mate. The Echo is a rubbish rag. They certainly weren't watching the same game as most of us. "Glimpses of a Slicker Better Everton Emerge" lol...there were much more than mere "glimpses". That was a pretty impressive effort against a continental team that would easily dispense with the likes of your West Ham's, Newcastle's etc etc

Ha ha ha.

Yeah, that was A1 that tonight against a bunch of Slovak plumbers and car mechanics.

Ha ha ha.

Yeah, that was A1 that tonight against a bunch of Slovak plumbers and car mechanics.
I was reading a National Geographic the other day and they commented that their recent poll results indicate Slovakia has the best plumbing systems in Europe, and the most reliable cars. I hope Big Ron gets a copy of the mag and makes all the lads read it before the second leg.
Those Slovakian plumbers and car mechanics are not to be trifled with!

Wayne worked his socks off for us tonight and that's all we can ask of the lad, or of any player really.

I think some people got caught up in the media hype when Wayne signed and convinced themselves that he was still the player he was in 2004.

We signed him last month because he was better than the likes of Niasse and Calvert-Lewin, not because he's as good as Messi.

Not having a go at Calvert lewin macca,the kids a centre forward,not a wide man,just wasn't impressed with Martina though,kenny surely has to come in?

Yep totally agree mate, DCL actually done well 2nd half before he went off but like you said he's no wide man for sure. Needs to be through the middle or not at all. Martina was absolutely woeful wasn't he. His awareness worried me more than his failure to find a man.

Still a lot of work to go, still enjoyed it though mate because it will benefit the players as they had to put in a shift they'd normally expect to have to do in about 2 weeks time.

We've made it through one part of a difficult tie. What was people expecting? Madrid style Esque? lol - look we know we need a striker a bit of guile and maybe a cb. the squad needs to adjust etc and it will. just get through this get the signings in we still need and let's see what we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.