Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts.

No goals conceeded.
Domination with little end product
Opposition played their socks off

Klassen looks busy, great signing.
Sandra is all star
Rooney will be useful (he distributes well, just needs match sharpness)
Gana is still our standout mid
Davies is as good as we all believe

Oh and Martina was a living nightmare

after dowell had been so impressive in pre-season as well. Know he was playing internationally, but so was DCL.

well I actually wouldn't have started DCL.

I'd have gone with Lookman on that right side and let him spark something.

It was very aimless in the first half.

Improved second half, but only after Sandro came on.

It's not DCL's fault, he works hard and always won the ball, but he had nobody around him and doesn't have the skill or pace to beat a man from a standing start.

And GOT has reached new heights of utter Knee Jerking. Two games into our pre-season with virtually a new spine to our team. Some of you lads need to get a grip...really!

As for Martina, going forward the lad is half decent but no doubt he is going to get pelters all season as its the cool thing to do..

Not really preseason though is it? From top level professionals against essentially a league 2 side in a match that did matter, i expected better. You didn't and that's fine. It's not like they're in mid season form either is it?

premier league teams lose to league 2 teams in competitive games as well as pre-season games. They are a good two months ahead of us in terms of fitness. It is understandable.

5 hours of my life wasted.
Team still looks rusty, especially Rooney, DCL and Schneiderlin.
Took me 6 minutes 32 seconds to realise Martina is bloody awful - I went in with an open mind but he managed to close it that quickly (only thing he closed down all night).

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The most worrying thing I can say about that was that we looked very much like a Roberto Martinez team tonight.
Agree
Quality of any width we had was poor
No fluency. Too many times players stopped and turned 360 degrees with ball.
Static defending from whole of back four.
We will be lucky to make top half this seaso

Interesting to note, out of the 12 teams seeded ahead of us in the europa league, only one won more than 1 goal, and that was Zenit with a 2-0 win. The rest won by 1 goal, tied, or lost.

PSV and galatasaray lost. Marseille were behind as well i think but did win by a couple of goals in the end. Neither of those teams are mugs.

at least we didn't lose like PSV did...Milan also only won 1-0 on a 44th minute free vs some Croatian side or something
Neither of those sides played their full a strength line ups.

What we seen tonight from us, was basically our 11 going into the new season.

well I actually wouldn't have started DCL.

I'd have gone with Lookman on that right side and let him spark something.

It was very aimless in the first half.

Improved second half, but only after Sandro came on.

It's not DCL's fault, he works hard and always won the ball, but he had nobody around him and doesn't have the skill or pace to beat a man from a standing start.

i thought DCL was our best player first half, but he wouldn't get near the bench for me, he'd be on loan to the championship, he's not ready to be a starter for us yet. Lookman should have come on a lot earlier, given them something different to defend against. Ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.