Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the clips I've seen of Jorgensen I've been impressed. He's got really quick feet for a target man and is great at passing and bringing others in to play.

Not 100% sure on his shooting ability at the top level but his approach play is great. He'd be ideal for our midfielders to score from lay offs I reckon.
Big lummox. Swerve.

I'm completely consistent. Schneiderlin in that January window was NOT a necessity. He didn't come in and fire on all cylinders and transform us, and we had plenty of CM options. It was daft. Now it's daft to go after ANOTHER player who plays centrally when we are screaming out for the piss poor defence to be shored up and we need an out and out attacker.

You're critique is entirely bogus and ill thought out.

hahaha, he's got you banged to rights.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/morgan-schneiderlin.93405/page-114#post-5139818

You've made numerous posts about how great Sigurdsson is - and then when it looks like we're buying him, he's now somehow not who we should be going after.

You're just a contrary bore Dave.

I'm completely consistent. Schneiderlin in that January window was NOT a necessity. He didn't come in and fire on all cylinders and transform us, and we had plenty of CM options. It was daft. Now it's daft to go after ANOTHER player who plays centrally when we are screaming out for the piss poor defence to be shored up and we need an out and out attacker.

It wasn't daft at all. There are only a handful of players in the world who could go into any side and "transform" it. Schneiderlin was very good for us and will no doubt be the first midfield name on the team sheet - if you can't see his qualities from watching him then you either don't know much about football or you have an agenda. Sigurdsson would also be an excellent addition to our team - he wouldn't be a luxury or unnecessary, he has something our other players don't have, and therefore if we can get him, we should.

Our defence was about the 5th/6th best in the league last season, so although I agree we should always look to strengthen, it is nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be.

hahaha, he's got you banged to rights.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/morgan-schneiderlin.93405/page-114#post-5139818

You've made numerous posts about how great Sigurdsson is - and then when it looks like we're buying him, he's now somehow not who we should be going after.

You're just a contrary bore Dave.
How is that "bang to rights"?!?!

It completely backs my point up. We didn't need a CM then but we did need a creative player in and around the box...but now we have Rooney and we have Dowell coming through and so priorities change.

Is THAT so hard for you to understand?

*sigh*

Our piss poor defence is top 6 already.

6th best defence, only 5 goals off being the 3rd best defence.

7th best attack, only 18 goals off the 3rd best attack.

Koeman, unlike you, knows where we need to strengthen.

Yoiu cant have too many of them. But look, when your ground floor is in danger of being flooded you dont redecorate the first floor do you? You deal with the water that will possibly pour in.

We have one at the moment though, who may well leave.

Rooney, Mirallas, Sandro, Bolasie are also 'creative', but not in the sense that they can run a game anymore - which Ross for all his faults can do when in the mood.

If Ross' contract situation had been resolved - which is on the player, now, btw - then yeh, I'd agree.

But it hasn't been. So we need a player there and Gylfi is currently a better player than Ross, though I very much want Ross to stay.

A striker has been targeted and we have made lots of approaches. The deals we have done so far in that area have given us some breathing room, though.

It wasn't daft at all. There are only a handful of players in the world who could go into any side and "transform" it. Schneiderlin was very good for us and will no doubt be the first midfield name on the team sheet - if you can't see his qualities from watching him then you either don't know much about football or you have an agenda. Sigurdsson would also be an excellent addition to our team - he wouldn't be a luxury or unnecessary, he has something our other players don't have, and therefore if we can get him, we should.

Our defence was about the 5th/6th best in the league last season, so although I agree we should always look to strengthen, it is nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be.
Schneiderlin is good but not the player you and others go OTT on. Sigurdsson? Yes, very good player and I'd welcome him with open arms, but we need other positions sorted more urgently.

Nail, meet head.

How is that "bang to rights"?!?!

It completely backs my point up. We didn't need a CM then but we did need a creative player in and around the box...but now we have Rooney and we have Dowell coming through and so priorities change.

Is THAT so hard for you to understand?

*sigh*

So we've got one creative player and a young lad, for how many games again?

You rate Sigurdsson and your view that we're somehow now complete in that area is misguided.

Our piss poor defence is top 6 already.

6th best defence, only 5 goals off being the 3rd best defence.

7th best attack, only 18 goals off the 3rd best attack.

Koeman, unlike you, knows where we need to strengthen.
Those figures are based on THE WHOLE TEAM getting behind the ball. They are still hopeless at set piece defending and getting close to wide players to stop crosses coming in.

You wish to start the season with Williams, Coco and Baines in the back four?

But ok....

We have one at the moment though, who may well leave.

Rooney, Mirallas, Sandro, Bolasie are also 'creative', but not in the sense that they can run a game anymore - which Ross for all his faults can do when in the mood.

If Ross' contract situation had been resolved - which is on the player, now, btw - then yeh, I'd agree.

But it hasn't been. So we need a player there and Gylfi is currently a better player than Ross, though I very much want Ross to stay.

A striker has been targeted and we have made lots of approaches. The deals we have done so far in that area have given us some breathing room, though.
I dont see it, but it's all about opinions I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.