Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not an issue for me, it proves my stance this summer has been the correct one to take.

Sigurdsson would be a complete indulgence at this stage though. We needed him before we got Rooney and before Dowell looks to have taken his chance to impress. We need to switch that £40M and spend it elsewhere...defence: LB and CB. Then we need to sell someone else like McCarthy and Niasse and buy an out and out striker.

This should have been done already.

A young kid plays well in a couple of pre-season games against no-mark opposition and suddenly we don't need to bother looking in that position any more? I hope he continues his form, but that seems a wild assumption to make.

It's not an issue for me, it proves my stance this summer has been the correct one to take.

Sigurdsson would be a complete indulgence at this stage though. We needed him before we got Rooney and before Dowell looks to have taken his chance to impress. We need to switch that £40M and spend it elsewhere...defence: LB and CB. Then we need to sell someone else like McCarthy and Niasse and buy an out and out striker.

lol When we signed Schneiderlin you said it was an indulgence and the one we should be going for was Sigurdsson, but that there was no chance of that because Koeman would never be interested in such a talented, cultured player. How odd that now we are strongly linked with Sigurdsson, all of a sudden he is no longer required, but an indulgence.

I note your main focus is now Giroud, who also will "never come to us" so I await your change if/when his signing for us looks likely.

It's almost like you have an agenda that doesn't allow you to have any consistency...

Yep I'm not sure Slimani should be whonwe at looking for but like you Said, there is not a lot of those type of players knocking about. Giroud, Dzecko and Benteke are the only ones that spring to my mind

Hmm, and not one of those are gonna be easy to get. I don't think either of Dzeko or Benteke are getable. Giroud could be possibly but won't be done quickly I don't think. Then apart from them there players like Dost or Willian Jose but are they even on the list or genuine targets?

We desperately need another creative player as well as a striker.

There's loads of time left. Stop being ridiculous.

We've been the most active club in the window so far. We have the foundations in place. It's now - as Koeman himself has said - about getting 2 more quality players in. Those deals will take longer. We're buying - or trying to at least - from clubs who have little financial instinctive to sell at this stage.

With our other deals, while all good additions, they were 'available' players. Keane supposedly had a gents agreement with us from January, while Sunderland needed to sell Pickford. United wanted Rooney gone and Rooney wanted out, Henri was a young prospect from Europe and Klaassen wanted to test himself at a higher level, while Sandro of course had the buy-out clause.

Do we think priority is on striker or on LB/CB?

I can't decide, but we really need all 3
The defence is shocking, tbh. If we start the season with Baines and Williams and Martina in a back four we are knackered. Even Holgate at RB is just a make do and mend situation.

So, yes, LB and CB are the priority for now. Upfront we can get a goal or two out of Rooney and Sandro. But we really need a top quality slotter before the window closes.

A young kid plays well in a couple of pre-season games against no-mark opposition and suddenly we don't need to bother looking in that position any more? I hope he continues his form, but that seems a wild assumption to make.

If we did this, then as soon as Dowell had a bad game Dave would say "It was stupid of the manager not to get reinforcements in on the back of a couple of pre-season games - we should have signed Sigurdsson when we had the chance".

Despite people who defend it, if you looked at Dave's comments objectively it would be hard to conclude he is an Evertonian. He only gets delight from Everton failing, and if they don't fail, he twists it to appear as though they have. Baffling.

...and now it's been covered and then some. Just as the Lukaku deal was in place ready to be signed prior to the early 'splurge', so too will any incomings be predicated on a firm offer and understanding from Spurs/Arsenal for Barkley.

We spent it up front, you can't bank money for deals that aren't completed David.

He's an option if Rooney is injured. Also we have players like Klaassen who can push up into that area and fill in.

We really dont require another outlay on a player like Sigurdsson. Our priorities lie elsewhere now.

lol When we signed Schneiderlin you said it was an indulgence and the one we should be going for was Sigurdsson, but that there was no chance of that because Koeman would never be interested in such a talented, cultured player. How odd that now we are strongly linked with Sigurdsson, all of a sudden he is no longer required, but an indulgence.

I note your main focus is now Giroud, who also will "never come to us" so I await your change if/when his signing for us looks likely.

It's almost like you have an agenda that doesn't allow you to have any consistency...
I'm completely consistent. Schneiderlin in that January window was NOT a necessity. He didn't come in and fire on all cylinders and transform us, and we had plenty of CM options. It was daft. Now it's daft to go after ANOTHER player who plays centrally when we are screaming out for the piss poor defence to be shored up and we need an out and out attacker.

You're critique is entirely bogus and ill thought out.

I like the look of Jorgensen at Feyenoord, Dzeko would be the other obvious one who comes to mind but the pickings are relatively slim for this kind of role.

From the clips I've seen of Jorgensen I've been impressed. He's got really quick feet for a target man and is great at passing and bringing others in to play.

Not 100% sure on his shooting ability at the top level but his approach play is great. He'd be ideal for our midfielders to score from lay offs I reckon.

We desperately need another creative player as well as a striker.

There's loads of time left. Stop being ridiculous.

We've been the most active club in the window so far. We have the foundations in place. It's now - as Koeman himself has said - about getting 2 more quality players in. Those deals will take longer. We're buying - or trying to at least - from clubs who have little financial instinctive to sell at this stage.

With our other deals, while all good additions, they were 'available' players. Keane supposedly had a gents agreement with us from January, while Sunderland needed to sell Pickford. United wanted Rooney gone and Rooney wanted out, Henri was a young prospect from Europe and Klaassen wanted to test himself at a higher level, while Sandro of course had the buy-out clause.
Yoiu cant have too many of them. But look, when your ground floor is in danger of being flooded you dont redecorate the first floor do you? You deal with the water that will possibly pour in.

Status
Not open for further replies.