What all the major grounds looked like 25 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

A shame the footprint does not enable redevelopment. A new main stand and park end to complement the iconic Bullens and street end would have been great!

God I remember standing in that Stamford Bridge away stand that was open to the elements. Horrible stadium, sandy pitch and miles from the action. I must have been about 10 years old and the level of - let's just call it not very PC - abuse levelled at Paul Elliott by some of our fans, still rings in my ears.

God I remember standing in that Stamford Bridge away stand that was open to the elements. Horrible stadium, sandy pitch and miles from the action. I must have been about 10 years old and the level of - let's just call it not very PC - abuse levelled at Paul Elliott by some of our fans, still rings in my ears.
Fortunately, the only time I went there was first game of the season in 1978 in 90+ degrees. Andy King scored the only goal after about three minutes and rest of the game was a sunbathing fest. Tip of a ground.

Still my favorite memory is walking up those steps in the Gwladys and getting my first glimpse of magnificence. I hope I get the same feeling in the new place.

Took my grandson to the Leicester 4-2 game . Not bad for his first time :D. He RAN up the stairs to Upper Gwladys , in the corner where it bends into Bullens . Couldn't wait to go up the steps to the seats to see GP in all its glory . " Wow " ......then " Can I have a drink and hotdog, grandad "

Took my grandson to the Leicester 4-2 game . Not bad for his first time :D. He RAN up the stairs to Upper Gwladys , in the corner where it bends into Bullens . Couldn't wait to go up the steps to the seats to see GP in all its glory . " Wow " ......then " Can I have a drink and hotdog, grandad "
Shoulda bought him a Chang mate and then slapped him back to his seat. 'kin kids nowadays. Used to have to stand ffs.

I remember the semi circle behind the goals. Kept the fans back from the goalies for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.