Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

£150k a week (with employee NI) comes to £8.7m a year.

5 years contract and a 50m fee and you are valuing having Gylfi on the squad at £100m.

The same amount 49.9% of our club is valued at.

Someone needs to tell the manager to look elsewhere as that is just brainless recruitment that can see a club go out of business.

..I wonder if the club want to know that Barkley is definitely out. I doubt RK will want Sigurdsson and Barkley on big bucks with one of them on the bench each week. From the sound of reports earlier, there seems to be some progress on the Barkley to Spurs front.

..I wonder if the club want to know that Barkley is definitely out. I doubt RK will want Sigurdsson and Barkley on big bucks with one of them on the bench each week. From the sound of reports earlier, there seems to be some progress on the Barkley to Spurs front.

I have thought this too. With the Barkley reports gaining a bit of momentum, I wonder if some additional money in the kitty now would calm any frayed nerves over what Sigurdsson would cost. £30m has been mentioned for Barkley from what I have read, we clearly won't get £50m but we are good at eeking out an extra few million, as showed with Lukaku.

There may be add-ons in any Barkley fee too, as there would for Sigurdsson.

Either way, I hope both are sorted soon, interest in Sigurdsson has been going for 12 months and Barkley is just dragging on now too.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.