Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I didn't want to see happen with the Lukaku money, overspending on good (not great) players. It feels like Koeman and/or Walsh are obsessed with Sigurdsson and aren't willing to give up the chase even if it borders on the ridiculous. I respect that they want the guy but we need to be able to move on when negotiations reach the silly level. We don't have unlimited money and have to use it intelligently.

£40 million is 10 million more than what we are prepared to pay and £10 million less than what they want, so I would guess it will go through at that level.

My hope is that this year is the last time we overpay like this, and that we get plenty of players in at the £5 - £15 million level in who can develop into top class players. We don't have the kind of money that City and Chelsea have.

It's obscene and not Everton, or at least wasn't Everton until this shower turned up.

The worst of it is that we cant even afford being mugged like this.

The sales of two jewels in the crown in one window is unheard of even at this club. It will never be repeated and the concern has to be the money is being frittered away...no matter what you think of the quality being brought in, this club are being taken to the cleaners and have overspent on them by about £35m so far.

I take massive offence at that cavalier approach to finite resources and Moshiri and Koeman will live or die by next season's results.

It's obscene and not Everton, or at least wasn't Everton until this shower turned up.

The sales of two jewels in the crown in one window is unheard of even at this club. It will never be repeated and the concern has to be the money is being frittered away...no matter what you think of the quality being brought in, this club are being taken to the cleaners and have overspent on them by about £35m so far.

I take massive offence at that cavalier approach to finite resources and Moshiri and Koeman will live or die by next season's results.

Nobody cares and no they won't

Moshiri will live regardless... RK will live by good results

..the fact that this lad only plays for Swansea and Iceland is probably impacting what folk think he's worth, but it's whatever the buying club are prepared to pay that's important. If RK feels he's an essential ingredient then that's what matters. If the team fails RK will be moved on. Folk complain about net spend, spending too much, spending too little but the manager is building his team. We'll have our own opinion on individuals but let's just see how the team performs. It will certainly be a team we can truly judge the manager on.
Mate, it wont be just this Dutchman who'll be judged next season if this doesn't click. The man in control has allowed our player sales cash to be spent in whatever manner the manager wants and if it goes arse up he is in the firing line for signing off on a series of over-priced signings.

I understand what you're saying Dave, but we have to try and get more quality in, especially with Lukaku leaving. All Premier League clubs are overpaying at the moment.

Rom is not the finished article,young, and a large chunk of that money is based on his potential. Same with Pogba.

Sigurdsson is what he is. He's not going to get better. He's peaked.

To me we're talking top tier level finances for a player who is good but not top tier.

That's what I think a lot of people have a problem with.
Exactly my point/concern.

Moshiri will live regardless... RK will live by good results
If we dont do well, he'll be wounded by sanctioning a raft of mediocre signings. And most will have done the calculations and realise that it hasn't been his cash that's been frittered away too.

Mate, it wont be just this Dutchman who'll be judged next season if this doesn't click. The man in control has allowed our player sales cash to be spent in whatever manner the manager wants and if it goes arse up he is in the firing line for signing off on a series of over-priced signings.

..I think that's what's supposed to happen, the owner backs the manager.

I understand what you're saying Dave, but we have to try and get more quality in, especially with Lukaku leaving. All Premier League clubs are overpaying at the moment.

We've already spent almost £100M of the Lukaku cash and we haven't even started to get the really pricey leader of the line we all know we must have to move on from RL.

It's crazy. Just crazy.

Might be controversial of me to say this but just want peoples thoughts.

We have been critical in the past of clubs like Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd unsettling our players who are on long term contracts, (think Stones, Lescott, Fellaini, Rooney).

Are we becoming like those clubs? Swansea clearly don't want to sell him and now I hear he has refused to go on their pre season tour.
Yeah, we are, and I love it.

I've seen all of those clubs win the Premier League multiple times, let's hope the trend continues.

Barkley jewel In the crown?

City agreeing to pay over 50 million for Walker point proven, supply and demand unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.