Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having a chat with a Spurs mate yesterday, he said Siggy was really good for them ?
I thought it didn't work out for him ?

He would also love "to have your Barkley sat on our bench as its not the strongest ! " sake.

There's no contradiction: spend big but spend wisely.

Easy really.

Koeman and Walsh are wasting cash here on a massive level.

We've overpaid so far if this goes through for Sigurdsson by about £35M so far.

It amounts to gross irresponsibility with the club's finances.

..the fact that this lad only plays for Swansea and Iceland is probably impacting what folk think he's worth, but it's whatever the buying club are prepared to pay that's important. If RK feels he's an essential ingredient then that's what matters. If the team fails RK will be moved on.

Folk complain about net spend, spending too much, spending too little but the manager is building his team. We'll have our own opinion on individuals but let's just see how the team performs. It will certainly be a team we can truly judge the manager on.

Steve Walsh isn't just a scout; he'll likely have input when actually coming to sign the players along with RK and BK. Look how smoothly they've ran this year compared to... well, ever. He's doing what we pay him to do.

...absolutely. He also says he will ensure value for money, so clearly he and RK think Sigurdsson is worth the fee.

Shift McCarthy and Niasse for 30m, add 10m and get him in

We still need good players for our front 4 positions and while I'm about a 7/10 on the excitement meter for Iceland because of his lack of pace and open play contribution BUT he's on fire and will score goals as they say and he's good looking so sign him up EV

I want him here...I dont think we should be paying record breaking prices to get him here though.

You need to take a crash course in inflation. More money in the market devalues the market currency.

Lots more overseas cash in the game, means cost of players increases.

If you don't like it now, wait a year or 2, when proven utter garbage will cost £20m and earn £100k per week.

Some small minds in this thread. Spending an extra few million to get in a player Koeman wants is worth it.

We are absolutely flush with cash and bossing it.

We have over 4 weeks until KO against Stoke and we have already signed 6 senior players, as well as a couple of big youth signings, with a 7th to come this weekend and Sigg being the 8th if it comes through.

I trust the team that has operated so efficiently in the transfer market and considerably strengthened the squad.

Market rate; Pogba £90m, not a chance; Salah £40m, no; Ake £20m, nah....

It's the way it is

I tried to make a similar point on the other thread and had people coming back saying the examples I'd given where potentially world class players (Martial & Sterling-no) and that the teams buying were loaded and that the players they were buying were young etc etc. They were all still over priced.

It is the way it is. If we want him and he wants to come to us then we have to try to negotiate on the price as best we can. Inevitably we and many other teams will get fleeced.

Or we can try for someone else...

Status
Not open for further replies.