Let's take a step back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember how excited I got in the 90's when in one transfer window we splashed what seemed like an extortionate amount on Materazzi, John Collins, Dacourt and a few others.

Think our entire incoming spend was less than Klaasen back then lol

How much was Coutinho, Dele Ali, Vardy... Dont think any of em (I could go on and on) cost 50 million... If we are able to match Spurs work rate... I dont personally see us gulfs apart except for the managers... But now at least Koeman looks like he's getting his own team as Poch has now... Gunna be interesting to see if Koeman can deliver his side of the bargain.... I cannot wait to see this seed of a team bare fruit.

It's going to be a hugely fun ride in 2017

The age of the players is what stands out for me & I think of it with respect to Koemans tenure here.

There was speculation that he'd be here for 2-3 years perhaps & then looking at his next step. If that was the case, I would've imagined that he'd be targeting older, experienced players that would give him an instant result/impact. It would look good on the CV & help him towards Managing a 'bigger' team. However, that's not the case.

Bringing in the younger players could be dynasty building. This isn't the actions of a short term Manager, and this is what I'm looking forward to.

Personally I don't believe the whole Spurs team is suddenly worth 50M per player.

In my opinion they have some average first team players like Rose, Dier, Wanyama, Lamela, even walker I believe is limited to an extend and I believe these players have been made to look like worldies because they are in a good hardworking energetic team, however if you take them apart and sell them individually there is not a chance they are worth what some suggest.

If I'm honest these players are not top four quality, they are decent premier league players with the ability to kick on but in the grand scheme of things I can't really see us getting near the top 4 next season.

I think these days 30m gets you decent players and 40/50 gets you top 4 players.

Leicester won the league with Marc Albrighton playing in every game. Just sayin.

this season we will cement a sky top 7 ! hopefully be higher than 7th but it will be difficult ! but if we're still around the clubs above us come the end of the season it will be again progress !

year 1 get into europe
year 2 build a squad capable of playing in europe
year 3 add the special players to allow us to really mix it with the big boys
Can't agree more. With the extra games the the Europa brings, just standing still in the league will be hard. I think it's hugely important we get through to the stage when the Champions League teams arrives so we can mix it with them & show a wider audience who we are. Use it as an advert to attract new players & fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.