Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot about him:
Soares Alderweireld VVD Bertrand
Is some back 4 he put together at saints. Let's hope he can replicate it with us. As I feel only Coleman out of our current starting defence will be here next year.

Pretty sure those 4 were never at Saints at the same time.

But the point still stands that they would have made a good back 4 if Saints didn’t always sell everyone.

Martinez has full control of transfers at Everton as did Moyes before him. It was only until Moshiri arrived that the set up of the club has largely changed regarding transfers.

The fact that dud signed Niasse, Kone, Alcaraz, Mcgeady, Lennon and Cleverly in the space of 2 seasons is there any wonder why we are currently having to have a major rebuild? We can't splash £40 million on 2-3 players as we need 6-7 coming in just to get back on track.

Lennon shouldn't be in that list of rubbish.

Pretty sure those 4 were never at Saints at the same time.

But the point still stands that they would have made a good back 4 if Saints didn’t always sell everyone.
No they weren't. But koeman brought them to the club. Like I said he knows a defender when he sees one. I get the impression he didn't rate stones as a defender (didn't exactly try to convince him to stay) but spoke highly of Keane earlier in the season.

Yeah only our greatest ever manager. Part of the holy trinity. Crap player him like.

Del Bosque, played over 400 GAMES for real Madrid, crap him

cruyff Crap
Beckenbauer crap
Guardiola also crap

Simeone and Conte say hi btw. As does ancelloti

So the current managers of city, bayern, athletico, Chelsea and Madrid, are former great players, between them they won four leagues last season, the champions league, and took up three of the four semi final places in the champions league Dave.

Crap though former great players turned managers.
I dont think you read my post mate otherwise you wouldn't have gone off on one.

So the fact he's suffering with off the field problems makes him a better signing? No ones disputing he's a top professional and everyone wishes the lad well and hopes he gets better but let's not get over the top politically correct and try dispute the fact that he was clearly a mid table level signing.

England International who had generally done well for his clubs (Leeds and Spurs).

I thought Lennon was a really smart signing. With a decent run in the side he may have proven to be a really good one. Nobody was to know that he had issues.

Personally I have always rated Lennon though and I dont even think he was bad for us!

This ironically is what gives me optimism for this season. We got 7th last year, with a very poor squad. Last years summer transfer window was a disaster (something we have learnt from judging by our moves this season) it left us short in many areas, then we lost bolasie to a season ending injury and it was only the introduction of Davies and schnerderlin in January that reversed our fortunes.
We have a lot of scope to improve in our squad unlike the clubs above us (with the exception of city, they.need an entire new defence). We have every reason to look forward to the forthcoming season with confidence.

it wasn't a very poor squad, it was the 7th best in the country by an utter mile.

And so the problem arises of replacing Rom. Would giroud leave the bright lights of London to join us? A welcome addition but I doubt he'd want to join us. Werner is in the CL this season, bigger fish than Everton will be circling for his signature. Werner would be a statement signing and seems to fit the bill of the profile of player we are currently after (young and talented). But once again highly doubtful we could entice him here.
If you dont ask you dont get. Would you rather play for WHU or Everton if you were not a fan of either and getting the same wage offer?

England International who had generally done well for his clubs (Leeds and Spurs).

I thought Lennon was a really smart signing. With a decent run in the side he may have proven to be a really good one. Nobody was to know that he had issues.

Personally I have always rated Lennon though and I dont even think he was bad for us!
Again I concur. Well said Sir!

He wasnt a bad player, but personally he would be somebody I would have been looking to replace this window

Then why did you "like" my post?

Admittedly if I had put "on here" instead of just "here" it would have better conveyed my opinion. Sorry that you feel aggrieved over the matter.
I didn't know that I liked the post. I'm still hazy from nights, then a day of risk management, and feeling a bit sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.