Blue Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Bill to an extent as a fan, I think he's done his best but was easily out of his depth at times so yes he held us back he should of sought help and perhaps stepped aside but we are in a great position now.

The biggest gripes I have about this thread are the sour grapes crocodile tears of fans bemoaning the fact Kirkby fell through.....we as fans bloody boycotted it!? As for Gregg......best turn anybody made since Cruyff

Sorry just had to get that out there; as you where.

Just as well seeing as we didn't actually qualify for the Champions League wasn't it?

Yeah spend loads and don't get to the competition that would fund these purchases. Brilliant idea!

Thank god we had someone in charge who did not risk our future on such things eh?
Had he invested sufficient funds, we could have qualified for the groups.

What would be the point in competing if we went with your logic?

Had he invested sufficient funds, we could have qualified for the groups.

What would be the point in competing if we went with your logic?

Unless buying new players would result in drawing a worse team than Villareal we would not have qualified.

We were destined not to get through regardless once the RS joined the equation.

In these times of mind-boggling transfers into the club I thought I would like to say a word of thanks to our Chairman. Bill has had a lot of stick off Evertonians during his tenure. Bill himself always said he was waiting for the right investor. Well it was certainly worth the wait! Who could have envisaged BMD and this transfer activity 18 months ago? OK, getting Ron and Walshy might be more down to Mosh than Bill, but who bought Mosh to the club?

So, thank you, Mr Chairman. I for one knew you'd get it right in the end and I see the Mighty Everton soon being right back up there where we belong!

CLzL52OWgAA3UMX.jpg

Unless buying new players would result in drawing a worse team than Villareal we would not have qualified.

We were destined not to get through regardless once the RS joined the equation.
Eh?

We were a very bad decision away from taking the game into extra-time. We were hammering them at that stage, too.

Had we bought better players then I would have fancied us to go through.

The defence you're using of Kenwright there is completely absurd.

Eh?

We were a very bad decision away from taking the game into extra-time. We were hammering them at that stage, too.

Had we bought better players then I would have fancied us to go through.

The defence you're using of Kenwright there is completely absurd.

How is it? Mortgage our future on a one off game against a very strong side. These better players would require big wages etc too for 5 years or whatever.

What you are suggesting is football manager stuff with no basis in reality. Look at what happened to Leeds when they mortgaged their future on a bit of fleeting success.

How is it? Mortgage our future on a one off game against a very strong side. These better players would require big wages etc too for 5 years or whatever.

What you are suggesting is football manager stuff with no basis in reality. Look at what happened to Leeds when they mortgaged their future on a bit of fleeting success.
What I'm suggesting is he should have sold up to allow somebody else to push the club on when we had the golden ticket of Champions league football.

If you're not thinking he should have done the same, then I question your vision of a successful Everton.

You must just be happy to see us plod along.

What I'm suggesting is he should have sold up to allow somebody else to push the club on when we had the golden ticket of Champions league football.

If you're not thinking he should have done the same, then I question your vision of a successful Everton.

You must just be happy to see us plod along.

Its not as simple as that though is it? It's not like selling a pair of shoes on Ebay!

I am more pragmatic. I get that we can not get everything we want straight away and it can take time and a lot of effort. I also understand that there are things in the way that will stop that happening.

As I said, I am not saying Kenwright is brilliant or anything but since he took over the club we have never had any relegation struggles like we had previously and have generally been competing for Europe whilst managing our debts and getting out of trouble. Now is finally the time that we may benefit from all that.

I get people thinking he could have done better,of course he could, but the level of hatred some people show to him is utterly bizarre.

Its not as simple as that though is it? It's not like selling a pair of shoes on Ebay!

I am more pragmatic. I get that we can not get everything we want straight away and it can take time and a lot of effort. I also understand that there are things in the way that will stop that happening.

As I said, I am not saying Kenwright is brilliant or anything but since he took over the club we have never had any relegation struggles like we had previously and have generally been competing for Europe whilst managing our debts and getting out of trouble. Now is finally the time that we may benefit from all that.

I get people thinking he could have done better,of course he could, but the level of hatred some people show to him is utterly bizarre.
http://www.everton-mad.co.uk/club/league-history/

15th, 16th and 17th placed finishes in there.

He hit lucky with a manager like Moyes who had an eye for a bargain. Thanks should be given to Walter Smith for recommending him.

That fraud was going to hire Gary Megson. Imagine Megson having to sell Rooney and getting hardly anything back to reinvest with.

If he wasn't a supposed Evertonian, he would have been hounded out a long time ago.

He hit lucky with a manager like Moyes who had an eye for a bargain. Thanks should be given to Walter Smith for recommending him.

That fraud was going to hire Gary Megson. Imagine Megson having to sell Rooney and getting hardly anything back to reinvest with.

If he wasn't a supposed Evertonian, he would have been hounded out a long time ago.
This, with added portions of KD, DK, Fortress Fund, Park End Wall, Frozen Bog Pipes.

At the best I'll take 'Honourary Cheese on Life Presidentential (none exec.) Toast'

And thanks for recovering miracously from that life threatening illness
It occurred just as Roberto was on the brink of destroying our club and it miraculously receded when Mosh came a calling
The man should be given the freedom of the city
Beijing Sydney Sacramento anywhere but Liverpool

If your suggestion there is that BK wasn't seriously ill, its an absolute disgrace that you have said that.

Who said he was going to hire Gary Megson? That is just pure guesswork.

Yes there were some low finishes but not relegation battles were they?

He stuck with Moyes for years, so he did something right there did he not?

He should not have been hounded at all. We were guilty of being a bit average.

Love the "supposed" Evertonian part there.

Who said he was going to hire Gary Megson? That is just pure guesswork.

Yes there were some low finishes but not relegation battles were they?

He stuck with Moyes for years, so he did something right there did he not?

He should not have been hounded at all. We were guilty of being a bit average.

Love the "supposed" Evertonian part there.
That was the name liked at the time.

Why would he sack Moyes? He had us overperforming, even the 17th placed finishes were good enough for the amount Kenwright 'invested'.

Why were we a bit average? Isn't that the board's task to make us not 'average'?

You Kenwright fans make me laugh. You'd defend him over the good of the club. Thank God the fraud's horrid tenure here is nearing an end.

There you go mate.

What do you mean 'there you go'?... the excellent post you quote virtually admits that Kenwright didn't turn the Sheik away...it simply says that the Sheik looked at Everton and (quite correctly) saw more opportunity in City at that time. You are yet another example of fantasy getting in the way of reality when people have an immovable agenda against BK.

Status
Not open for further replies.