Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
But hes not a top level player.

Hes a very good 1, but hes certainly not somebody we should break the bank for.

I'm not saying he is, I'm making a point of IF we go in for the top players, is those kind of wages too much to ask? £100-120K a week for players like Sigurdsson is becoming the norm these days, but for a better standard of player, is £150K a week gonna be too rich for us? I don't think it should be.

It is if our other targets are going to want parity with this.

It doesn't really work like that though. No agent or player goes into negotiations and says "what's 'x' getting paid, I want parity with him...". They will be paid a certain wage, for example Sigurdsson, he's on £80K a week (allegedly) but apparently wants £120K a week. Give him that and then we go in for Klaassen whose on say, £30K a week, his agent will have a figure in mind for wages but there's no way he's gonna come to us and say what's Sigurdsson on, we want the same! For a start there's confidentiality on what a player gets paid so you wouldn't share that info and you can't really take rumours from a newspaper on what players are getting cos it's usually not accurate, ok, it's there or there abouts but you wouldn't get every agent going into negotiations asking for parity with the top earners. Some do I know that but your talking about the elite players. Now Sigurdsson & Klaassen for example aren't elite level players but their good players that would improve us but they'll come to us with their own demands and not ask to be giving the same dow as each other.

But with player sales and the wages freed up from all that, increases in sponsorship etc we could easily offer 4 or 5 top players top wages imo.

It doesn't really work like that though. No agent or player goes into negotiations and says "what's 'x' getting paid, I want parity with him...". They will be paid a certain wage, for example Sigurdsson, he's on £80K a week (allegedly) but apparently wants £120K a week. Give him that and then we go in for Klaassen whose on say, £30K a week, his agent will have a figure in mind for wages but there's no way he's gonna come to us and say what's Sigurdsson on, we want the same! For a start there's confidentiality on what a player gets paid so you wouldn't share that info and you can't really take rumours from a newspaper on what players are getting cos it's usually not accurate, ok, it's there or there abouts but you wouldn't get every agent going into negotiations asking for parity with the top earners. Some do I know that but your talking about the elite players. Now Sigurdsson & Klaassen for example aren't elite level players but their good players that would improve us but they'll come to us with their own demands and not ask to be giving the same dow as each other.

But with player sales and the wages freed up from all that, increases in sponsorship etc we could easily offer 4 or 5 top players top wages imo.
I like your sentiment but I guarantee any agent worth his salt will know what the top earner of the club is on and want their client (if he's a top player) to try and get parity with that. Don't get me wrong, I think siguardsson is a fine player and would be a welcome addition to the club. I just don't think Everton would (or in their position currently)be prepared to fork out 25m on a transfer fee and upwards of 30m in wages over the course of a 4 year contract.

Sigurdsson, Klaassen aren't players that win titles. There players you buy to build around players that win titles. Sigurdsson won't be our star signing obviously. But there is no doubt that he brings us closer to where we want to get.

Summer transfer window ?

Nothing but window shopping...

It's been 2 days since the season ended we should have at least been linked with Ronaldo to get our hopes up

My goodness. You're full of gems.

Put it this way. We don't sign anyone until we kick a ball in that competition we'll have no striker as I'm sure Rom doesn't want to be cup tied if he's off, no Ross, no Del, no Lennon, no Valencia, no Coleman.

Unless we're rocking up prepared to go through without scoring any goals.

Pretty sure that's wrong.

Either way you'd hope our all conquering u23's would smash Sparta Random who finished 6th in the Maltese top flight.

Wikipeads

[paste:font size="4"]UEFA competitionsUEFA operates European club football competitions, primarily the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League. UEFA's regulations state that, with a few exceptions, players who play in any European club competition are subsequently cup-tied with respect to all European football for the remainder of the season.

The main current exception is the UEFA Super Cup, contested by the winners of the previous seasons' Champions League and Europa League. As this is effectively a prestige friendly with only one round, the cup-tied rule is seen as unnecessary. Representing a club in this fixture does not affect a player's eligibility in other UEFA competitions.[citation needed] Similarly, cup-tying did not apply to matches in the now-defunct pre-season UEFA Intertoto Cup, up to the semi-final round.

A further exemption applies: one player per club who would normally be cup-tied can be registered and eligible to play, so long as his previous club did not field him in the same competition. This means that players can represent two different clubs in the Europa League and Champions League, but only a maximum of one player per club. However, if the first club switches into the same competition (e.g. transfers from the Champions League to the Europa League through finishing third in the group stage), the transferred player becomes ineligible. This can lead to some complex situations.

Decipher that.

Status
Not open for further replies.