Old Everton Pictures

hGzivt.jpg

Brilliant night!!! Very tense especially when Duncan McKenzie missed the pen. Bolton second division but very tough side. We showed hidden depths of resilience that night!! Cracking centre forward big Bob. Did not do much running around for lost causes though!!!
Great player mate,i do recall him getting terrible stick off the crowd like you say for not exactly "exerting"himselflol

Brilliant night!!! Very tense especially when Duncan McKenzie missed the pen. Bolton second division but very tough side. We showed hidden depths of resilience that night!! Cracking centre forward big Bob. Did not do much running around for lost causes though!!!
My dad went,i was at home as it was a school night,doh!!I can still remember the commentary with the late Peter Jones near the end word for word,"and David Lawson,the Everton goalkeeper,will read the manufacturers name on the ball to eat up a few more seconds"lolmassive game at the time for us that one!!

My dad went,i was at home as it was a school night,doh!!I can still remember the commentary with the late Peter Jones near the end word for word,"and David Lawson,the Everton goalkeeper,will read the manufacturers name on the ball to eat up a few more seconds"lolmassive game at the time for us that one!!
went to far too many games home and away including a load of night matches which jeopardised my A levels!!!!Just about got away with it!!! Phew! Cracking season in so many ways but so much heartbreak. Clive Thomas.......grrrrrrrr

went to far too many games home and away including a load of night matches which jeopardised my A levels!!!!Just about got away with it!!! Phew! Cracking season in so many ways but so much heartbreak. Clive Thomas.......grrrrrrrr
Got to the night games at Sheffield,old Trafford for both replays,and the Maine road replay v the other lot,a draw and two defeats,bloody missed the one we won as I said before at Bolton,cheers Dad:rant:lollol

The irony of the victory for me at least was going to Wembley to witness one of the most dire games I have seen. Most exciting thing that day was doing a runner from a Wimpey bar in the concourse in Wembley Central straight onto the footie special coming back.