New Everton Stadium Discussion

Ideally we need to be pushing this forward as quick as possible. 3-4 years is a long time in football. Without a sugar daddy owner we really will struggle to keep up with the top 6 especially with Spurs and Liverpool also increasing stadium capacity's.

Ideally we should be aiming to be playing at BMD by 2020, although I think it'll be more 2021.

Ideally we need to be pushing this forward as quick as possible. 3-4 years is a long time in football. Without a sugar daddy owner we really will struggle to keep up with the top 6 especially with Spurs and Liverpool also increasing stadium capacity's.

Ideally we should be aiming to be playing at BMD by 2020, although I think it'll be more 2021.
Don't get caught up in rivals increasing capacity, the money generated by match day crowds is comparatively small. In this regard Liverpool increasing their capacity will make little difference to their punching power.
Spurs on the other hand are building an impressive multi use stadium which will greatly enhance their spending power.

Surely though it is not just the new stadium at BMD these investment companies/hedge funds are investing in but the whole kit and caboodle which is the North Docks redevelopment. I cannot see them confining their investments to just one aspect of the regeneration project, they will be looking to the whole or a greater part of the whole and using the club's ambitions puts them in at ground floor level to take advantage of other opportunities as and when they arise. Just my thoughts.

It's peanuts, 5x Lukaku's or 10x Stones.......next year it'll be 4x Lukaku's and in ten years time will be 1x Lukaku. Football inflation will eliminate the debt within a decade.....

It's like any mortgage.

They are scary at first and daunting, but as time goes by the asset increases, inflation occurs and you gain a far greater commodity.

The location will give us so much exposure and access to corporate funding on a scale we could only dream of at Goodison.

It's peanuts, 5x Lukaku's or 10x Stones.......next year it'll be 4x Lukaku's and in ten years time will be 1x Lukaku. Football inflation will eliminate the debt within a decade.....
I'm not a davek fan, i usually just skip over his posts, and most of the replies.... but this is quite a dangerous attitude and reminds of the burst of the property and .com bubbles.... unsustainable growth usually ends in tears...

I'm not a davek fan, i usually just skip over his posts, and most of the replies.... but this is quite a dangerous attitude and reminds of the burst of the property and .com bubbles.... unsustainable growth usually ends in tears...

I guess most people kept their houses during the crash. It only becomes a problem if you want to move, I can't see us having that problem. If the repayments are manageable and are a small percentage of income, that gives a good margin incase profits drop.

The only problem i would have with the deal is if the interest rates are not of a fixed nature.

Another one who thinks the bubble can keep on expanding and expanding.

Another one who thinks the bubble can keep on expanding and expanding.

The player market may collapse at some point but bricks and mortar will only go up if you keep it long enough.

Edit: of course it's the land that really counts and not the building that sits on it and we might have quite a lot of it in a prime location once the LW scheme has been built.

Last edited:
Try contributing even a tenth of what Dave has over the years and maybe your opinion on him would be worth something. As it currently stands...
I think most of us are thankful for anyone who hasnt posted a tenth of what Dave has, its the only thing that keeps us with a few moments of rational discussion here :). I think most of us would like Dave a lot more if he would post a tenth of what he does.