Joel Robles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good joke he's a clown keeper who would get lit up like a Christmas tree in my league. He couldnt stop as many shots as I do. I play in this league because it's great practice. I don't stand back there and get 3 shots on goal in 90 minutes. I'll get 20-30+ a game. You English folk are a funny bunch, loathe the American manifest destiny do ya? No wonder you're so disrespectful to all the Americans. You're a crooked pompous bunch who over estimate your own abilities.
Soccer is a [Poor language removed] sport here real athletes play Basketball and Football, Rugby etc. Your national team is a perfect example of your false bravado. You joke about me like I'm some [Poor language removed] just talking out my ass. Nobody in America cares about your stupid little soccer team. I only am passionate about it because it's my Surname and I'm an athlete and I'm not a professional freak taking steroids but I know damn well I can hold my own in your little soft game of kick the ball around into the net.
Well if he's so terrible and you're so good, why aren't you playing in the Premier League and he is?
Just curious

We had a discussion before game about him. One said "not good enough" and 2 were undecided .. after game all agree - new goalie needed. !

doesn't even clap to acknowledge the fans when he comes to the goal

It's the little things which really annoy you sometimes isn't it ?

I mean yesterday, we clapped Heaton when he approached the goal and he responded by clapping us back, but when Joel comes towards us, absolutely nothing in response. It shouldn't really matter, but it does.

The same people defending Robles were the ones critizing Howard for his mistakes.

Consistency people.

Howard not good enough.

Steklenburg not good enough.

Robles not good enough.

Think yesterday could be the last time we see Robles in an Everton shirt. Would'nt be surprised to see Steklenburg back against West Ham.

Bad goals conceded or mistakes made by each keeper for me are -

Stekkers
wba away - not strong enough on cross
boro home - not strong enough on cross
Burnley away - 1st goal
Chelsea away - first 2 goals
utd home - running off his line like a tit

Joel
rs home - harsh imo but general consensus is he should have got across his line quicker
Bournemouth- 3rd goal bad positioning
Spurs away - 1st goal diving at fresh air
rs away - 3rd goal awful positioning
Leicester- 2nd goal
Burnley - gives away penalty

So for crap goals/mistakes leading to goals they are at 6-6 in the battle for crapness. The problem for Joel is his last 4 mistakes have come in the last 5 games so he's on an upward crapness trend.

Final verdict - unfortunately both too crap to be considered number 1 material. I thought Joel had looked far superior up until the last few weeks where he's started drinking cups of crap with Stekkers at lunchtime.
You could add the 2nd goal v Spurs for bad decision making in rolling ball out to Morgs (who was equally to blame admittedly).

What I will say is that he does control his area better than Stek, but then Stek is the better shot stopper.

I've been Joel's biggest defender on here but I can't do so for yesterdays penalty. His overall form over the last year still puts him in the top 7/8 in the league. If we are going to spend a load of dosh on replacing him it has to be on somebody who is clearly a step up in class. The names being bandied about, Schmeicel, Forster, Heaton, Begovic, Hart, Pickford and Ospina are not, imo, any better than Robles, although Pickford does have time on his side. The only keepers I think would be, and are realistically attainable for us, are Jack Butland and Berndt Leno.

Just read through the article quoted in the closed thread on Robles.When I got to this...
"Perhaps the strike from Albrighton was premeditated in the knowledge that part of the goal would be opened up due to Robles’s positioning"...Yer right.

Good joke he's a clown keeper who would get lit up like a Christmas tree in my league. He couldnt stop as many shots as I do. I play in this league because it's great practice. I don't stand back there and get 3 shots on goal in 90 minutes. I'll get 20-30+ a game. You English folk are a funny bunch, loathe the American manifest destiny do ya? No wonder you're so disrespectful to all the Americans. You're a crooked pompous bunch who over estimate your own abilities.
Soccer is a [Poor language removed] sport here real athletes play Basketball and Football, Rugby etc. Your national team is a perfect example of your false bravado. You joke about me like I'm some [Poor language removed] just talking out my ass. Nobody in America cares about your stupid little soccer team. I only am passionate about it because it's my Surname and I'm an athlete and I'm not a professional freak taking steroids but I know damn well I can hold my own in your little soft game of kick the ball around into the net.

Why on earth would this clown think that we give a flying toss whether Americans like football?

Stop this Forster nonsense. Horrendous keeper.

He's been awful this season, shown up for what he is bang average.

Compared to when he was under Koeman and had a great defence in front of him, now he has Yoshida and he is exposed. VVD and Fonte helped him big time along with Wanyama.

We should go for Timo Horn, I watched him in Olympics and he was quality, also Yann Sommer is top draw these are realistic signings

Pickford and Kasper Schmeichel are better than joel and we've been linked but we should go for a top draw GK

Status
Not open for further replies.