Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets face as good as he was / is (and on his day he was/is good), his most consistent talent is sitting on his backside waving his arms in the air. Not strong enough for the PL I'm afraid.
Think he'll be a proper talent on the continent like, good luck to him.

Barcelona HAVE TO keep him one season.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/19/everton-gerard-deulofeu-barcelona-buyback-clause

And I quote...

"Deulofeu’s development is being closely monitored by Barcelona and it has been suggested that, even if the player does not feature in Luis Enrique’s first-team plans, the Spanish champions could re-sign him with a view to selling on at a profit.

But Martínez explained: “They can’t do that. There are certain things in the deal. They can’t take him back in the winter so they can’t take him back in January. It can only be at the end of the season. It is €9m for the first year and €12m in the second year.

“If they take him back they can’t sell him for a season, so he has to stay in the first-team squad for a season. At the end of that if they decide to sell him we have got first rights of getting him back or we have got a big percentage of that deal. There is nothing we can do if they activate it. That was the deal and the only way we could access the player in the terms that we wanted. I’m delighted with the deal.”

Barcelona HAVE TO keep him one season.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/19/everton-gerard-deulofeu-barcelona-buyback-clause

And I quote...

"Deulofeu’s development is being closely monitored by Barcelona and it has been suggested that, even if the player does not feature in Luis Enrique’s first-team plans, the Spanish champions could re-sign him with a view to selling on at a profit.

But Martínez explained: “They can’t do that. There are certain things in the deal. They can’t take him back in the winter so they can’t take him back in January. It can only be at the end of the season. It is €9m for the first year and €12m in the second year.

“If they take him back they can’t sell him for a season, so he has to stay in the first-team squad for a season. At the end of that if they decide to sell him we have got first rights of getting him back or we have got a big percentage of that deal. There is nothing we can do if they activate it. That was the deal and the only way we could access the player in the terms that we wanted. I’m delighted with the deal.”
Honestly its a good deal

He's no Aaron Lennon is he??

This was a curious move by Koeman letting him go on loan, my guess is the boy will end up being a seriously good player but it won't be at Everton unfortunately.

Has anyone seen him in Italy?

Has he improved or is it just that he is better suited to that league?

If he is getting in the Spain squad it seems daft that he can't even get on an Everton bench which includes Arouna Kone...

Has anyone seen him in Italy?

Has he improved or is it just that he is better suited to that league?

If he is getting in the Spain squad it seems daft that he can't even get on an Everton bench which includes Arouna Kone...

If I am honest with you, that says more about Ronald Koeman than it says about Del.

We were getting embarrassed yesterday whilst the best footballer on the books is sat on loan, a thousand miles away.

And whilst we are on the subject, the one player we have whom has consistently been up for the fight against this shower was kept sitting on the bench for eighty minutes.

I'd be happy to have this kid back in pre season. Collectively we were pants when he was in the side. I have a feeling RM rates him as well just maybe thought he was a bit lightweight. Reckon he deserves another crack

I think Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool are adapting this high work rate style of play. We've almost adopted it, it's becoming the norm in the league now which means unless Gerry can change how he plays he probably will continue to not adapt to our league and get any consistency. Yesterday for example I can't really see how he would have impacted the game, we need a team ethic and if he can't fit that then he will be as useful as a chocolate fire guard. If Barca want him then take the money and move on I say. I like the lad but I just don't think it's meant to be

Status
Not open for further replies.