New Everton Stadium Discussion

What we may or may not be able to get re sponsorship in 5yrs time is completely unknowable. I certainly wouldn't be relying g on that as the answer to all these financial issues

Y
The 17 million figure includes the LCC security amount.

You also have to think up until this season we were waxing 5 million a year on interest alone and naming rights should be at least 5 million a year. (Wouldn't be surprised though if the USM stadium rights just happen to be 17 million a year... :) )

So 7 million above what we have been paying doesn't sound too bad?

*not including the fact we will be making millions more through the extra capacity
Yes it it's true we can get that loan rate the council gets and it's fixed for 40 years then that is a fantastic deal

For the people worried about having to pay £17m a year (or however much it ends up being)...

Are they not missing the point of why this new stadium will help us kick on to the next level?

My impression is that the new stadium will massively increase our revenues through naming rights, other commercial deals, increased ticket sales, increased corporate tickets/events, non footballing events (e.g. Concerts in the summer?)

I'd like to think that these combined will be much greater than however much we have to pay a year, therefore putting us in a much stronger position financially and able to compete with 'the elite' as it were

Feel free to correct me if I'm completely wrong

So the funder is.....?
Are we not opening ourselves up to a considerable amount of vulnerability here? Peel holdings ultimately still own the land. They set a price 40 years in the future, for the remaining lease - what if that price is extortionate?
Once the stadium is built the land is ours. Basically an agreement to buy the land once construction is completed. If for some reason it never happens we won't pay peel a penny

The more I read, the better this looks.

There is no way we would have gone this far without assurances the cabinet would tick off the council's plan next week (or whenever that will be done), we have a funder available (the suggestion that USM/Usmanov could be involved seems likely to me) and that Dan Meis' design and plan would receive approval.

The difference between this one and previous, failed attempts is we are doing it quietly. It's not all flash, no substance, but rather the exact opposite. Moshiri has all his ducks in a row here, and now just needs the plan to unfold.

Now we just need to be hell bent on bringing at least one more trophy to Goodison before we leave.

I want it to be 60 000 seats.

50 000 feels abit meh.

Of course being a modern construction there will be the possibility of expanding it later.

The more I read, the better this looks.

There is no way we would have gone this far without assurances the cabinet would tick off the council's plan next week (or whenever that will be done), we have a funder available (the suggestion that USM/Usmanov could be involved seems likely to me) and that Dan Meis' design and plan would receive approval.

The difference between this one and previous, failed attempts is we are doing it quietly. It's not all flash, no substance, but rather the exact opposite. Moshiri has all his ducks in a row here, and now just needs the plan to unfold.

Now we just need to be hell bent on bringing at least one more trophy to Goodison before we leave.
Usmanov will have nothing to do with this, Banks and pension providers will be queuing up to give us the money as they get a great return.

I want it to be 60 000 seats.

50 000 feels abit meh.

Of course being a modern construction there will be the possibility of expanding it later.

This is my only concern at the moment (although esk has argued it will be higher than 50k). We should build for the future with a larger capacity not limit ourselves based on perceived current demand. It's about ambition as well, if we want to be the best club in the city, NW, country etc. then we need to at least think we deserve a bigger stadium than others.

An I right to be concerned the rent is subject to RPI?

How much is RPI gone up this year ?
Well, all of life is affected by a rise in RPI. It's designed to reflect inflation broadly, and as such, if our interest rate is going up, you'd associate that with a proportional increase in the club's income.

I don't think it's an issue.

Quite a few have squared that circle mate.

All I would say, based on my own logic, and having known zero Billionaires, is that this line "LCC guarantee mean EFC can access funding at a cheaper rate", is, imo, an utter tube of toothpaste.

Mosh had/has the funding lined up. Its how it can be funnelled into the deal.

Now the funding may well be from pension funds and the like. £300m to them is chicken feed.

But maybe not...
This absolutely, I would find it very hard to believe that, with the amount of detail about length of agreement, fee to be paid to the council etc, that the funding (of £300M) was not in place. However I would hazard a guess that additional funding of £100/200M would be needed for a project of this magnitude. I wonder where that might come from?