New Everton Stadium Discussion

I have no doubt we will build it there, i just wish we were further along than just a statement to say we have contract to buy the land subject to PP and funding.

Actually if they took out the last part i would be happy enough, just makes it sound we are scrabbling around trying to raid the piggy bank. I wanted a statement saying 'we've bought the land subject to PP and we are building a world class stadium there shortly, we have all the money in the world so shove that up your jumpers' ;)

Financing is often late to the table. Banks don't want an open credit line on their balance sheet, and even for a man of Moshiri's means, you can't throw around multi-hundred millions in lines of credit.

I once googled Wankdorf Young Boys to have a look at their stadium, results returned this

top02-011515.jpg

@hktoffee
Wonder what @Woolly Blue has to do with it?

I'd agree with that but Kings Dock, Destination Kirkby and WHP prove that we have a record of failures when it comes to stuff like this.

Was WHP even a thing? It seemed to come and go very quickly. It was basically Bill saying he liked the park, then Elstone and Anderson calling each other out for a fight. Next thing Moshiri was in and it got scrapped.

SC won't stop being viable - the council can't get rid of it, it's like Father Jack festering in the corner. But the money involved getting this far with BM means the club are heavily invested in it. It would take a major, project-ended event for us to walk away now.

And of course it's time bound, of which I'm sure the club are aware, but they'd very easily point to the lack of other suitors if Peel ask us to get a move on.

Leaves it open for the RS to build a stadium there

Sold out every game this season in league.

They haven't mate, they offer the tickets on matchday, case in point my brother who's a blue bought his on matchday against west Brom 2 Saturday's ago and could pretty much pick were he sat with his father in law.

Why do they lie so much on RAWK? Do they think Everton like putting 'Sold Out' next to home games to stop more people coming?

It's amazing how thick they are.

...very good table on the scroll down (at 12.42) illustrating we are amongst the top clubs in Europe for selling out our capacity;

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...n-bramley-moore-stadium-announcement-12780955

Worth copying and pasting if somebody is able to do it.

To everyone who is underwhelmed by this, this is absolutely standard business practice for a project like this and it makes total sense if you think about it logically:

We sign a contract in which we promise to purchase the land for X amount providing other factors fall into place i.e. planning permission, if we dont get permission, then weve lost nothing.

Would you rather we went out an laid down £30m in cash upfront on a piece of land we didnt yet have planning permission for? bit a of gamble that dont you think? and would certainly give us something to moan about if it fell through.

It feels like weve actually got a guy in charge here who has a clue what hes doing, he hasnt put the cart before the horse, he hasnt trotted out any shiny photoshops of a new ground prior to sorting the funding etc like weve done on our previous attempts and hes not risking laying down cash without the right bits of the jigsaw being in place, makes total sense and is good practice.