Everton Youth Teams Thread

Day before yesterday. They set up a game for him. He's been training with the first team since day one. Looks like they're treating him like a proper pro and giving him a chance. Not what was felt at Everton
I wondered why a lad so highly rated at U18 level had left, perhaps that explains it.

The u18s away to middlesborough with a 12.30 ko today,,,we are in 5th place,6 points behind 4th placed Blackburn,they won there game in hand midweek away to boro,scoring 2 goals in last 20mins,including last min winner

remember u23s live away to man utd live on MUTV monday night

remember u23s live away to man utd live on MUTV monday night

The u18s away to middlesborough with a 12.30 ko today,,,we are in 5th place,6 points behind 4th placed Blackburn,they won there game in hand midweek away to boro,scoring 2 goals in last 20mins,including last min winner

EVERTON TEAM

Pierce,Moore,Collins,Harringhton,Baxter,K John,Kiersey,Denny,Bramall,Scully,Hornby
Subs Mampala,Ouzounidis,Duke-Mckenna,Jones,Adedoyin

Scully scores for us just pass the hour mark,we are back in the game now,think its his 1st goal for us
2-1 boro lead
we are level,2-2 Hornby on 70 mins,not for the 1st time we have come from 2 goals behind,infact of the top of my head,its the 3rd time i can think of

could be big if we win,blackburn 6 points ahead of us have just drew 1-1,so could get it down to 4 points with a win here,then we play blackburn next week

It seems there are politics at play in the u23s. We were looking at getting him a league one loan but West Ham, and a few others, came in for him.

I'm not sure it's politics mate. It's more a demographic isuse. Holland was just behind an Everton team that had the strongest youth age group in the country by a mile and our strongest in 20 years. That youth team have had lots of experience playing above themselves and has meant they have left limited opportunities for lads slightly below them.

Holland always looked a decent player to me. He was quite quick without being electric. Could cross a ball well but always a little lightweight. For me he isn't getting a game on merit. Dowell I occupying one wide side and lads like Charsley are playing the other side and playing well. Broadhead has only just got a chance. If we wanted to keep him I imagine we'd have made more of an effort but he is a long way off.

we are level,2-2 Hornby on 70 mins,not for the 1st time we have come from 2 goals behind,infact of the top of my head,its the 3rd time i can think of

could be big if we win,blackburn 6 points ahead of us have just drew 1-1,so could get it down to 4 points with a win here,then we play blackburn next week
Brilliant the comeback is complete,we go 3-2 ahead from 2 -0 down,with 5mins left

Adedoyin puts us 3-2 ahead on 85