Everton Youth Teams Thread

...he is, took his goal well in the last game.

Yep seen that finish eggs. This latest one sounds like a real poachers goal, goalmouth scramble and he's there at the right place at the time to slot.

I should imagine the majority of the lads would have been buzzing today after seeing Davies, Holgate and even Ross to a certain degree. Basically 25% of the 1st team had players from the youth or u23 ranks and that's not even accounting for Lookman.

Should be a real shot in the arm for the likes of Dowell, Walsh, Kenny and even the likes of Charsley.

Keep the conveyor belt of talent rolling I say!!

Yep seen that finish eggs. This latest one sounds like a real poachers goal, goalmouth scramble and he's there at the right place at the time to slot.

I should imagine the majority of the lads would have been buzzing today after seeing Davies, Holgate and even Ross to a certain degree. Basically 25% of the 1st team had players from the youth or u23 ranks and that's not even accounting for Lookman.

Should be a real shot in the arm for the likes of Dowell, Walsh, Kenny and even the likes of Charsley.

Keep the conveyor belt of talent rolling I say!!

....it is encouraging but the transfer activity to bring in better players will make it even harder to breakthrough.

....it is encouraging but the transfer activity to bring in better players will make it even harder to breakthrough.

And I think that will have a positive affect as well eggs. These kids have to look at the likes of Niasse and Cleverley getting shipped out and think "I might be in with a shout of getting in the 18 man squad, then make the bench, then get minutes".

Look at Davies, I'd say 99% of Evertonians would have him 1st on the team sheet after yesterday and past few performances. That's a massive boost to all concerned because even though we've just paid 20m for Morgan, there is still room for these kids IF they are good enough

And I think that will have a positive affect as well eggs. These kids have to look at the likes of Niasse and Cleverley getting shipped out and think "I might be in with a shout of getting in the 18 man squad, then make the bench, then get minutes".

Look at Davies, I'd say 99% of Evertonians would have him 1st on the team sheet after yesterday and past few performances. That's a massive boost to all concerned because even though we've just paid 20m for Morgan, there is still room for these kids IF they are good enough

..true. It looks like part of the 'Project' strategy is to also bring in the best available young talent (Calvert-Lewin, Lookman and links with Terrier and Carolina).

Another 60 minutes for Pennington tonight
Yep and Walsh in the mix too, good for both of them.

63 - Matthew Pennington's work for the night is over. That's a good 60-odd minutes under his belt for the defender who continues to get his match sharpness.

Liam Walsh is the player to come on. It means a tactical reshuffle, with Jonjoe Kenny moving to centre-half and Gethin Jones dropping to right-back.

..true. It looks like part of the 'Project' strategy is to also bring in the best available young talent (Calvert-Lewin, Lookman and links with Terrier and Carolina).

And that's a good strategy to have isn't it mate. A lot easier to sign these players when they see Holgate, Galloway, Calvert Lewin, Lookman and Stones ( edit obviously sold but got a lot of game time ) all getting minutes. That would make us imo one of the most attractive propositions for a young up and coming player.

...impressive.
Sounds like he almost had another from Echo mbm
"Liam Walsh coming on for Pennington.
Kenny shifts into centre-half, Jones drops into right back. Walsh goes centre-mid and Charsley is pushed out wide.
Broadhead should then make it four after Dowell sent him clear but his shot is saved by Bond.
Dowell is pulling the strings now as he sets up Charsley, whose shot is well saved by Bond.
Sambou and Duffus set to come on."

Seriously if you were a young exciting talent would you go to the likes of city, Chelsea or United who seemed to have abandoned promoting their youth, even though their youth sides are successful or come to Everton, where you will be looked after and have the opportunity to make the first team. It always gives me great pride when the likes of Galloway, lookman and holgate former managers insisting when they leave they are going to a proper football club to fulfil their potential.

Everton u23s beat Reading 3-0 with goals from Broadhead,Dowell and Charsley to extend there lead of the premier league 2 to 4 points above man city, 3rd place Liverpool u23s lost 1-0 to man utd with a 93rd minute goal

TABLE-TOP 3

EVERTON 32 POINTS FROM 14 GAMES
MAN CITY 28 POINTS FROM 14 GAMES
LIVERPOOL 23 POINTS FROM 13 GAMES

NEXT GAMES IN PREMIER LEAGUE 2

SUNDERLAND V LIVERPOOL 29 JAN
MAN UTD V EVERTON 30 JAN- LIVE ON MUTV
LEICESTER V MAN CITY 30 JAN

NEXT GAME for our u23s is away to wolves in the premier league cup next monday 23 JAN,we are top with 6 points from 3 games playing wolves joint 2nd with 4 points from 3 games

DONT FORGET OUR U18S ARE AWAY TO PRESTON IN THE YOUTH CUP WEDNESDAY WITH A 7PM KO,
THEN AWAY TO MAN UTD SATURDAY MORNING IN THE LEAGUE,THAT GAME IS LIVE ON MUTV

Seriously if you were a young exciting talent would you go to the likes of city, Chelsea or United who seemed to have abandoned promoting their youth, even though their youth sides are successful or come to Everton, where you will be looked after and have the opportunity to make the first team. It always gives me great pride when the likes of Galloway, lookman and holgate former managers insisting when they leave they are going to a proper football club to fulfil their potential.

Spot on mate, totally agree. Having proof that there is a clear pathway to the 1st team if the player is good enough is massive.

I think Unsworth has been superb and I don't think it's any coincidence that having Royle in the background helping him would be a massive factor.