Match Thread Everton v Man Citeh

Snickers - have they got smaller over the last 5 years?

• Yes

Votes: 276 93.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really.

HE has to maintain 7th and also it in such a fashion that hes backed fully in the Summer to have a proper crack at 4th next season.

Also 7th would possibly give us a Euro spot, if we are lucky, with would certainly help our attraction come the summer.

He does have to retain 7th and he probably will and is not going to be sacked barring a dreadful run. He is about as pressure free and any manager could hope to be in mid January.

It was a great win today everything went right for us, I had a feeling Lookman would score if he was put on, because their defence is so slow and pathetic he'd rip them apart. Is that a record or something for an Everton débutante score within minutes of coming on as a sub. Tom Davies was man of the match without a doubt he made a fool out of their so called world class players. But I also thing our thoughts should be with the family of the young Sunderland fan, his dads courage is amazing, it put's life in perspective.

He does have to retain 7th and he probably will and is not going to be sacked barring a dreadful run. He is about as pressure free and any manager could hope to be in mid January.

Well granted, his run in will probably be easier than Peps, but its still not pipe and slippers time.

What's funny is people are going around saying "statement of intent." Open your eyes lads. The best players on the pitch today were Blues. Davies, Barkley, and some young lads like Holgate. We haven't even started yet.

Koeman is in a very enviable position from where I see it. OK Europe Cup is possible but who cares about it? CL is where its at. He has a 7 to 8 month pre season with what is a series of low pressure mid division games like the one V City in which the absence of pressure helped the team to play with freedom to weld his team togetner in preparation for August.

Puts hand up in air.

Me for one....I care about it.

I hope we do make the Europa League next season.

Great game and I am delighted but let me be devils advocate.....would we have won if there was anything at stake? Its OK doing it when becalmed in mid division miles away from relegation or the top 4 but would be do it with a top 4 place on the line? frankly I'll start to celebrate big wins when they matter.

As it is a great win against a team with an unproven novice manager who is out of his depth will do just fine.

I suppose every silver lining has a great big black cloud attached to it :(

Great result but the next 5 games are the acid test! Playing sides that we tend to stumble against. Teams who will play 451 when we have the ball and make us try to break them down. Still feel the team is too predictable with its style of play. 2 first team squad players and a CREATIVE CM and this team will be much more consistent

Status
Not open for further replies.