Chelsea planning bid for Landon Donovan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a dogshit article in fairness, no need to get all paranoid/furious.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. However, its kinda outrageous that the press will print stories like this to sell papers & fail to provide quality facts or believable stories for that matter. Its upsetting that they think people are that gullible.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. However, its kinda outrageous that the press will print stories like this to sell papers & fail to provide quality facts or believable stories for that matter. Its upsetting that they think people are that gullible.

Agreed. Problem is, people are that gullible and it's regularly proven, even on here sadly.

takes Moutinho 10 home top off*

What I do hope is that this lights a fire under Moyes to complete the deal with LD.
That would be the best outcome from that article....

sounds like Dave here on GOT.. only he does it to get his threads read.. lol

If Sir Landon of Donovan can have success with Neville as his partner, he can have success anywhere. lol

Seriously though, I think he would choose Everton over any other team due to the fact he knows he will play, and he fits in here. But if Everton ain't willing to buy him, I can see him going to another team in the EPL.

Who wouldn't want to play up top with Drogba & Anelka? That be some fun matches to watch. But I'm not sure if that would even happen.

Everton can have Donovan if they really want him. It's in their hands.

If Sir Landon of Donovan can have success with Neville as his partner, he can have success anywhere. lol

Seriously though, I think he would choose Everton over any other team due to the fact he knows he will play, and he fits in here. But if Everton ain't willing to buy him, I can see him going to another team in the EPL.

Who wouldn't want to play up top with Drogba & Anelka? That be some fun matches to watch. But I'm not sure if that would even happen.

Everton can have Donovan if they really want him. It's in their hands.

due to the fact that he is comfortible and well liked..

Donovan has done well on our right wing. He hasn't always been awesome, but he's done a damn good job, and shown he has what it takes to improve our squad.
However, there are other options available should it not be Donovan, so not too concerned at this time as to whether he becomes available or not somewhere down the line as long as this position is filled.

What is more important is that it has opened Moyes eyes somewhat as to how our team can improve with a winger or two, so this should be more than enough to get Moyes' mouth watering regarding a long term signing.

If Pienaars contract stalls, picture our team without both wingers.
That will be also on Moyes mind, and is certainly on mine.

Big thanks to Donovan regardless of what happens.
Top lad.

He ain't going to Chelsea. He ain't going to ManU.

He ain't going to any other Premier League club.

He ain't going to any other league period.

It's either Everton or the Galaxy.

He ain't going to Chelsea. He ain't going to ManU.

He ain't going to any other Premier League club.

He ain't going to any other league period.

It's either Everton or the Galaxy.

I have watched LD play for years, read his interviews and this above quote is right. He is not in it for the money. He will make plenty. He has shown over the years that he is a captain, a team player, and a player that cares about his teammates. If Everton wants him and if he can stay, he will, if not, he will be back after WC.
If Chelsea offers 10 and Everton 8, just saying, he still stays with Everton. The only way he goes to an other EPL team is if Everton does not want him.

I wouldn't bet against Chelsea as MLS can get more money from them and its a club fighting for the Champions League and EPL title the last several seasons. Its true that Donovan would have a tougher time getting playing time but I think he's capable of adding something to the team.

People have speculated about a buy-out clause in his new MLS contract but all the reliable information I've found can't confirm this even exists. What I see happening is Everton possibly extending the deal through the end of the season (depends on how CBA negotiations are going) and then Chelsea and Everton will both try for a full transfer after the World Cup.

While Donovan might prefer to stay at Everton where he has established himself, I'm not sure you could turn down the chance to go to a club like Chelsea or that MLS will not go with the highest bidder. As an American, Its great that Donovan has excelled but I'd like to see how he would fare at a club like Chelsea. His performances at Everton have already given more respect and changed attitudes about MLS and American soccer. If he can have similar success at Stamford Bridge, it would continue that.

And also it's not about the money to Donovan but wouldn't he rather have a chance to win an EPL or UEFA CL title? Honestly, that is not a reality at Everton.

I wouldn't bet against Chelsea as MLS can get more money from them and its a club fighting for the Champions League and EPL title the last several seasons. Its true that Donovan would have a tougher time getting playing time but I think he's capable of adding something to the team.

People have speculated about a buy-out clause in his new MLS contract but all the reliable information I've found can't confirm this even exists. What I see happening is Everton possibly extending the deal through the end of the season (depends on how CBA negotiations are going) and then Chelsea and Everton will both try for a full transfer after the World Cup.

While Donovan might prefer to stay at Everton where he has established himself, I'm not sure you could turn down the chance to go to a club like Chelsea or that MLS will not go with the highest bidder. As an American, Its great that Donovan has excelled but I'd like to see how he would fare at a club like Chelsea. His performances at Everton have already given more respect and changed attitudes about MLS and American soccer. If he can have similar success at Stamford Bridge, it would continue that.

And also it's not about the money to Donovan but wouldn't he rather have a chance to win an EPL or UEFA CL title? Honestly, that is not a reality at Everton.

We're not a million miles away from having a title challenging squad, and certainly a top 4 challenge, so to say it's not a reality isn't really fair. The imput of a few players can make all the difference.

Recently, we've shown to be playing very good football.

This is a big step forward from recent times, and we've shown it against the top sides, and not just against teams like Hull.

Getting a good start to a season would make all the difference, as when we are in our stride, we flow very well.

Inject a strong right back, a strong winger, and a strong striker and don't lose anyone to injury and we'll put the fear of God into most sides. Yes, we need a few covering players, but if we can keep Pienaar, it would be a start.

What we lack is a title winning mentality, and unfortunately that can't be bought with our budget, but only developed.

We are probably the best team in the Prem at the moment, and it's important Moyes finds out why, and bottles it for future reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.