January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see a couple of proper footballers back at the club in our midfield, Arteta and Pienarr types who can get the ball and look after it, pick a pass and move us forward.
We seem to be linked with tall powerful types, which will get you so far but won't be pretty to watch

yes. my transfer wishlist would look like below

playmaker
backheels
through-balls
overhead kicks
boss free kicks

Would love to see a couple of proper footballers back at the club in our midfield, Arteta and Pienarr types who can get the ball and look after it, pick a pass and move us forward.
We seem to be linked with tall powerful types, which will get you so far but won't be pretty to watch

This is exactly what we need yet for some reason we've never gone for these type of players.

What I wouldn't give for a Delorean, saying that I'd be a greedy git and go and get Dean, Ball, Southall, Ratcliffe, Reid, Young, Labone, Sheedy, Steven, Sharp and so on lol

Bit concerning we dont seem to be linked with a goalscorer of any note .
Looking at the league.Goals for & agst . Us 28 23 Liverpool 48 23 thus a massive gap in points and position.
All well and good buying defensive mids and defenders but its patently obvious what needs addressing first.
Hope Walsh & Koeman are on this.
Ignore players we are linked with 99.9% of the time it is made up.

Don't agree. I've seen him play one good game for England. The rest of the time he just runs, with his head down, into crowds of players, falls on his back side and waves at the ref. Don't rate.

he's surrounded by players like ozil, sanchez, giroud, walcott and yet his goals and assists record is nothing. He's supposed to be a creative player, not a defensive mid as well. I think it's jarg anyway, well, let's be honest, he's not going to be our summer priority is he? We've got loads of money, i'd hate to think of the signings if he'd be the big one.

Well there isn't much evidence of us shelling out of these so called witsels,Mata,etc the money we've spent comes up to just over what we got for stones. So why isn't this so called 100 m budget being spent?.
Because the owner doesn't want to be wasteful. Sure, he would spend the money if the deal was right and negotiations didn't fall through. Players aren't interested in coming to us atm, so why waste it?

Well there isn't much evidence of us shelling out of these so called witsels,Mata,etc the money we've spent comes up to just over what we got for stones. So why isn't this so called 100 m budget being spent?.

might be wise to wait until the transfer window is closed before saying this, we've only just gone past the first week.

might be wise to wait until the transfer window is closed before saying this, we've only just gone past the first week.

totally agree with this, I am very doubtful we have a large transfer budget but nobody will know until the window shuts in 3 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.