January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Mcgeady still on the books or did we sell him. Can't seem to remember.
Team needs a good over haul. We really need a midfielder who can control a game on a regular basis

I don't mean release them, Sorry should have been clear, I mean offer them to clubs for no transfer fee

Player would get a new signing on fee, More playing time and we save millions in wages

..I know what you meant but the players hold all the aces. They could demand a million or so from the buying club but it's likely they would have to take a significant salary cut. I fear it wouldn't be as simple as you say.

Arsenal fans reckon that Willshire's fitness was mismanaged by Arsenal who have a reputation for a high percentage of injuries. Anyone whomcant see hsi talent knows nothing about football.

..I know what you meant but the players hold all the aces. They could demand a million or so from the buying club but it's likely they would have to take a significant salary cut. I fear it wouldn't be as simple as you say.

Yes, Like most players mate, Its a signing on fee

As for the wages I don't think they would have to take a cut, A team getting Cleverly for free could pay his 50k a week knowing they've saved on a fee

...we haven't exactly got a sparkling reputation for managing injuries. Dr Irvine came on when Bolasie got injured and examined the wrong leg!!
Heard a few times that our medical department is terrible.

We have some of the best medical facilities in Europe but none of the staff know how to utilise it properly.

Bit concerning we dont seem to be linked with a goalscorer of any note .
Looking at the league.Goals for & agst . Us 28 23 Liverpool 48 23 thus a massive gap in points and position.
All well and good buying defensive mids and defenders but its patently obvious what needs addressing first.
Hope Walsh & Koeman are on this.

I wouldn't say I'm concerned at lack of linked players in the media. 98% in the media is a load of crap anyway.

My main concern is like Koemans concern, the lack of balls and negotiation of the board. Schneiderlin has been on the radar since the summer. Now with Gana away, we still haven't agreed a deal with United, even though both clubs and the player want the move. Moshiri needs to stand up, get rid of the incompetent negotiators on the board and do the business himself.

Jack Wiltshire would waltz into this team, He would be the best midfielder at the club by a long shot

For about a month until he's crocked. Maybe he will get a clean break with injuries but should we risk that given his past record?

Status
Not open for further replies.