January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Moyes nearly sign this lad?
There were pictures of him at finch farm on transfer deadline day we wanted him but he chose not to come as no Gurantee of first team football. Difficult one as jags & Distan were both playing really well at this point & mustafi had proven a different route from Everton was the smart choice.

Wouldn't exactly surprise as much now would it. Lots of Russian companies advertisements around the old lady on match day, with Russia's star player in the team, not the worst idea ever.

Sorry off topic, but whats it like to live in mate? How did you end up there? Feel free to PM me. On topic, it looks like it's cooled on him, what do you think?

There were pictures of him at finch farm on transfer deadline day we wanted him but he chose not to come as no Gurantee of first team football. Difficult one as jags & Distan were both playing really well at this point & mustafi had proven a different route from Everton was the smart choice.

We had Mustafi, Dier and Stones on our books and Manolas at the training ground. Moyes for chief scout for centre backs.

Chicharito up for sale. Not sure he'd fit our style, but he'd be a great signing.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/06/bayer-leverkusen-sell-javier-hernandez-summer

i'd be all over this. Think he's exactly what we'd need. Look at the RS with sturridge coming off the bench to get them important winners, arsenal the same with giroud. Our striking options off the bench are poor and we need two more very good strikers to go with rom for me to be happy. Not sure hernandez is the right link up player (ala our gabbiadini interest) for rom, but only one way to find out. Even if he turns out not to be, he'll still be perfect for us and we could address that type of player again in the summer.

Sadly there's no chance so no idea why i'm writing this, just always wanted chicken burrito hernandez here.

For all the criticism of Moyes (including from me) he knew a thing or two about setting up a defence.

He also had one hell of an eye for players in general.
  • John Stones - £500k
  • Joseph Yobo - £1m
  • Nigel Martyn - £500k
  • Marcus Bent - £450k
  • Tim Cahill - £2m
  • Mikel Arteta - £2m
  • Phil Neville - £3.5m
  • Joleon Lescott - £2.p5m
  • Phil Jagielka - £4m
  • Leighton Baines - £6m
  • Steven Pienaar £2m
  • Shkodran Mustafi - £0
  • Sylvain Distin - £5m
  • Darron Gibson - £2m
  • Kevin Mirallas - £6m

He also had one hell of an eye for players in general.
  • John Stones - £500k
  • Joseph Yobo - £1m
  • Nigel Martyn - £500k
  • Marcus Bent - £450k
  • Tim Cahill - £2m
  • Mikel Arteta - £2m
  • Phil Neville - £3.5m
  • Joleon Lescott - £2.p5m
  • Phil Jagielka - £4m
  • Leighton Baines - £6m
  • Steven Pienaar £2m
  • Shkodran Mustafi - £0