Votes: 13 6.9%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 39 20.6%
  • Koeman IN

Votes: 77 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time we played 3 at the back, Chelsea ran riot.

Absolute stupidity to match a formation which Conte has been very successful with for many years + has better players.

We matched it without Gueye whose our only midfielder with high energy...insane.

If we were going to change things we should have attacked chelsea and crossed our fingers...not match them lol

3 at the back we should have used against swansea and overloaded the centre...then kept it for southampton...

same players...same football...same poor results.

Moreso because the four players that have featured regularly since signing have all contributed more than any of our other players really (bar Rom and Barry occasionally).

Stek - inconsistent and shouldn't be no.1, but makes some great saves and provides a solid base to build from.

Williams - great defender but atm the pairing with Jags is so one paced and one dimensional. No balance.

Bolasie - yeh, he's frustrating. But he never stops trying to create. He's the only one of our attackers to do that and he contributes more than any of them.

Gueye - nuff said, but doing the job of three players.

I have to say, for all the grief Jags is getting - Williams has been poor too.

In 10 games time if nothing has changed then Baines can come in for criticism but right now he's a lad who's missed 2 months of football and been thrown in because Oviedo is so inept.

Agree on Stek.
Agree on Bolasie. Should be more consistent for the cost but at the same time, he's dangerous.

I like Gueye but he isn't immune from criticism - that finish yday was atrocious. He's a professional footballer ffs - hit the target.

Jags has been so up and down, as you've said in other threads, since the City game.

People laugh about the Yarmolenko links but by Christ, just bring the son of a gun in! He will at least play a pass which is semi-dangerous.

The lack of back-up striker is horrendous. I work down in London and one of the clients is a huge West Ham fan. Couldn't believe we took on Valencia when Sakho plainly wants to leave and is the better player.

Everton, that.

I think we could have smashed most in the league that day...we were hungry, happy and ruthless...

It reminded me of how Man Utd used to play in the Ferguson glory years...

Being young they can only improve in that team under Unsworth.

I reckon if Maldini was our u23 manager then he would have fans calling for him...being an Evertonian Unsworth is ignored.

No Zat, that team wouldn't smash most teams if there was full motivation behind it, it was a glorified pre season game for christ's sake. Don't get me wrong, Unsy's team has played some good stuff at that level and deservedly lead the table going into tonight's game, ironically against the same opposition as the first team lost to yesterday, but he is way too inexperienced to be taking charge of a team in one of the biggest leagues in the world on a full time basis

Here's the side Unsworth picked against Norwich last season where we won 3-0 with TWO DAYS for him to prepare!!!

Howard
Pennington/ Kenny
Stones
Jagielka
Baines
McCarthy / Lennon
Barry
Dowell / Barkley
Davies
Mirallas
Lukaku

Unsworth indicated that the four starlets are the tip of an iceberg of talent coming up through the ranks at Goodison Park and hopes Martinez's successor is someone who has the desire to nurture them.

He added: "I've been saying for a couple of years that there's not just a couple of players in each age group; we've got an abundance of quality. We probably have seven or eight players who, in my opinion, are either ready now or will be ready in 12 months' time.

"That will be the skill of the manager: can he blend top, established players with a new generation of unbelievable talent? Tom and Kieran and Jonjoe and Matty – their pedigree is of the highest level. They've played for England all the way through the age groups. All they needed is the opportunity and they've got that today and they've certainly taken it.

"If you watched that performance, you know that Kieran, Tom, Matty and Jonjoe are here to stay, and you build a team around that."

Happy enthusiastic players in the side all enjoying themselves and playing fluid entertaining football with pressing all over the pitch. Seven or eight youth players ready or nearly ready to come through.

That's what I want to see...not turgid football...like Unsworth says, we could build a team around the young exciting players who all looked like winners compared to this lot.

Make it happen farhad.

3 good goals in that game from McCarthy, Baines and Mirallas, haven't you suggested they should all be offloaded asap though mate?

In short mate yu don't build a team around a group of players with zero experience just coming through, even United with the class of blah blah blah didnt do that, they brought in an amazing group of young players and fitted them in around a group of players including Irwin, Pallister, Cantona, Schmeichel, Andy Cole, Bruce,

the season before 95-96 when they all got their first games and giggs and gary neville broke into the squad as starters, they also had Keane, Kanchelskis, Hughes, McClair, Ince

Thats how come united where able to do so, and if you think the likes of Davies, Dowell, Kenny etc are gonna be on a level with G Neville, Scholes Beckham and Giggs your living in dreamland mate, at best 1 of them 'may' approach that level if we are unbeliavably lucky as if they did theyd become the best player we have produced in 40 years bar rooney.

If they become as good as P Neville, Butt, Sharpe then we will have done well out of them

3 good goals in that game from McCarthy, Baines and Mirallas, haven't you suggested they should all be offloaded asap though mate?

In short mate yu don't build a team around a group of players with zero experience just coming through, even United with the class of blah blah blah didnt do that, they brought in an amazing group of young players and fitted them in around a group of players including Irwin, Pallister, Cantona, Schmeichel, Andy Cole, Bruce,

the season before 95-96 when they all got their first games and giggs and gary neville broke into the squad as starters, they also had Keane, Kanchelskis, Hughes, McClair, Ince

Thats how come united where able to do so, and if you think the likes of Davies, Dowell, Kenny etc are gonna be on a level with G Neville, Scholes Beckham and Giggs your living in dreamland mate, at best 1 of them 'may' approach that level if we are unbeliavably lucky as if they did theyd become the best player we have produced in 40 years bar rooney.

If they become as good as P Neville, Butt, Sharpe then we will have done well out of them
sorry I didn't come back to you the other day mate.
Yarmolenko, how is he doing in your neck(ish) of the woods?
Is he coming in Jan?

Coleman and Baines don't need dropping, we have bigger issues Zat.

We cant drop them all in one go...in fact at the moment other than connolly coming in at left back we are screwed there...

Baines
Oviedo
Garbutt Loan
Galloway Loan

4 left backs and none able to do well in the side now.

I think we need to ditch some of the older players to remove the malaise around the team.

Jags = finished
Barry = benched
Baines = replaced

Start with that and see if someone can dislodge coleman or we sell him and buy someone else.

The keeper situation is doing my head in too.

Which of the players who have come through under unsworth in the past 3 years have not been up to scratch?

considering none of them are first teamers, so far...ALL OF THEM! in fact if they had not played against norwich, you would have nothing to base this on.

what player in the past three years, from the academy, is in our first 11, or first 15 and actually plays an ACTIVE role in the team?

Davies = Every game hes been great and was MOTM vs norwich...better than any CM in his cameos other than Gueye.

Holgate = MOTM then dropped.

Galloway = Player of the month for us then dropped.

Kenny = Looked very solid up and down the pitch.

etc etc etc

None of the players who have come through under Unsworths mentorship have failed.

If he says 7 or 8 are ready then why do we have ZERO in the team...2 on the bench if were lucky?

none of them have succeeded either, most of them have found their level and moved on to it.

Davies vs Norwich? Again the norwich game, the one where norwich relegated and wanting to go on holiday the day afterwards has a youngster look good? Wow, if only playing chelsea the other week was just like that!

Holgate is not a right back and got MOTM against a team worse than us this season, amazing achievement right?

Galloway- So good and valuable we loaned him out rather than have him part of the squad.

Dowell- again when? When did he look good up and down the pitch?

The fact is you are massively speculating on their potential because until they fail in the first team there is no way to prove you wrong.

Oh, im not saying we havent played better...we have in the odd game (which this was also i guess)...but have the players played with the swagger, smiles and energy that we had against Norwich?

Not for years...it was a blend of Royles dogs of war + champagne football.

I think we could have smashed most in the league that day...we were hungry, happy and ruthless...

It reminded me of how Man Utd used to play in the Ferguson glory years...

Being young they can only improve in that team under Unsworth.

I reckon if Maldini was our u23 manager then he would have fans calling for him...being an Evertonian Unsworth is ignored.

200.gif

I have to say, for all the grief Jags is getting - Williams has been poor too.

In 10 games time if nothing has changed then Baines can come in for criticism but right now he's a lad who's missed 2 months of football and been thrown in because Oviedo is so inept.

Agree on Stek.
Agree on Bolasie. Should be more consistent for the cost but at the same time, he's dangerous.

I like Gueye but he isn't immune from criticism - that finish yday was atrocious. He's a professional footballer ffs - hit the target.

Jags has been so up and down, as you've said in other threads, since the City game.

People laugh about the Yarmolenko links but by Christ, just bring the son of a gun in! He will at least play a pass which is semi-dangerous.

The lack of back-up striker is horrendous. I work down in London and one of the clients is a huge West Ham fan. Couldn't believe we took on Valencia when Sakho plainly wants to leave and is the better player.

Everton, that.

What is ultra weird is that we splurge on bolasie who is another who seems to favour the RW.

Its like we havent got anyone for the left...frustrating.

Ive not said to "chuck random kids in"?

You said Holgate, Galloway and Davies should be starting.

Based off what exactly?

We would all like to see them of course if they are good enough but its not as easy as saying they should just start after one or two appearances.

This season should have been the one where we had;

Kenny
Holgate
Galloway
Browning
Pennington
Connolly
Davies
Dowell

And more on the bench and some coming in to get 10-20mins gradually more and more each game until Koeman knew who he could have in the squad long term...who could be on the bench short term...and who could be a starter now.

Clearly, Holgate, Galloway and Davies have shown they can AT LEAST be on the pitch for us.

Thats 3 players who next season (as this is now a transitional year) who can be called upon.

Those 3 could easily be 5 or 6 by season end...thats our entire outfield bench.

Next season we could use our £££ to sign 3 top players and play the young lads around them like united did.

Holgate looked a class above in a couple of games, mainly Stoke where he was imperious.

Status
Not open for further replies.