Moshiri on Jim White show on TalkSport today....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that they met up on Saturday makes me think this interview was arranged before the Chelsea loss and has not been stage managed in the wake of that.

It may have been arranged directly after it but I'd imagine a little bit more thinking goes in to when release these interviews so it would probably have been planned in advance and they were introduced to each other Saturday prior to this discussion.

So he says... he also said James McCarthy was part of the family.

Words and no action - until I see something actually happening I don't give a toss what he says. I listened to Bill BS us for over a decade; I simply don't care what people say any more until it's actually happened.

Yes correct. Most of us have that lost that word that defined being a Blue....Gullible.

Do not care what he has to say anymore, until the foundation has been laid for the new stadium or we have signed a number of proven quality players

Least he has come out and done the thing that most people wanted, it is one less thing you can hang him on. I'm just hoping it wasn't an actor, I had no idea he sounded like that!

Yes correct. Most of us have that lost that word that defined being a Blue....Gullible.

Do not care what he has to say anymore, until the foundation has been laid for the new stadium or we have signed a number of proven quality players

You say 'anymore' like he's said loads though.

Before today he'd released three statements in nine months.

The fact that they met up on Saturday makes me think this interview was arranged before the Chelsea loss and has not been stage managed in the wake of that.

It may have been arranged directly after it but I'd imagine a little bit more thinking goes in to when release these interviews so it would probably have been planned in advance and they were introduced to each other Saturday prior to this discussion.

I said in the the post match thread that it felt like the players had collectivley took the foot of the gas. I wonder if Moshiri was using this staged managed interview to back his manager to send a message to the players !

My opinion remains as it was in August which was;

Actions > Words > Conjecture.

Your typical Evertonian has been moulded into a cynical beast.

Until I see otherwise, I'm remaining on the fence.

For me, Moshiri hasn't done anything of significance yet. Hopefully, he isn't a false dawn and we start to kick on. If we don't make any effort to address our failings to adequately support the manager (based on what Koeman said he needed) then I will wonder more...

Actions -The board has remained as is, we didn't invest in the playing squad, some cladding.
Words - Programme note, post Bolasie "anxious to strengthen the squad" placing onus elsewhere - Chairman who is "supported". Jim White quotes.
Conjecture. Meh.

As of now, for me at least as a fan who goes the game, all that has changed is we have a manager with a higher profile in the game and some stadium cladding.

And this from last week;
I think we need to give Moshiri a bit more time before being so conclusively condemning - likewise, we shouldn't be so quick to praise and get carried away.

Status
Not open for further replies.