Match Thread Burnley V Everton preview thread/match day thread

What will be the outcome?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the threat of Peter Noble , Ray Hankin and Ted McMinn are kept quiet we should be ok . I hear Adi Akinbiyi has torn a calf muscle so I'm pretty confident on this one . 3-0 to the blues , Peter Eastoe , Mick Ferguson and Eammon O'Keefe with the goals . 21,266 Attendence on a sunny , brisk day ......

Having failed to win in our last 4 games, (although a point against City away was very good) we really should be winning this to stay in and around the European places.

Barkley back in for Cleverley. Would like to see Baines back in for Oviedo too if he's fit?

I'm see sawing between ripping into Burnley and doing a wool appreciation preview.

Can't make my mind up.
How about a "70's fashion and crap car mods but they're allright" fusion dish, with pics of them beating the Reds with 20% possession?
actually scrap that last bit, let's not tempt fate..

Yes, and his defensive game was very poor v city. Then again, it was man city..

Actually, after a torrid opening half an hour where City constantly attacked down that side, Oviedo - in my opinion, anyway - really did grow into the game and looked solid. It was his good tackle on Silva, clever footwork to get around him and then tidy pass out to Lukaku that our goal came from.

He hasn't been the same since his injury troubles and it's a real shame, because from November through to Feb in that first Martinez season he was excellent.

But I think he's a player that needs a run of games to get to the pace - and that's a direct result of those injuries. The issue is, like last season when he had started to look half-decent, he then gets injured again. Besic seems to have the same issue, which is a real shame, because I think he'd have been a key player under Koeman.

would ship in Holgate for Oviedo, barkley for clev. absolute must winning games like this, already had a major disappointing performance in our last away game against should be certs. 2-0 rom both goals

Status
Not open for further replies.