Penalty taker

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one he just missed he fair lashed.
It wasn't a bad penalty, it was low and hard. He telegraphed what way he was going however, and didn't get it in the corner.
And is so doing, permitted De Gea - who didn't go early - to make a very good save.

Be interesting to see who takes our next pen. Especially if we get one Saturday(no chance).

Has to be banies but wouldn't be surprised if they let Robles take it.

quite funny really. Baines is pen taker, gets one saved by best keeper in league.

then hands it over to first mirallas who misses, ross missed one didnt he? before luakaku takes over. Then ross and rom both take them this season , with rom missing 2.

misses one = go on to lose
misses second = go on to lose.

Why on earth isnt leighton then taking them when we have missed more since he passed them up than we ever did with him taking them?

quite funny really. Baines is pen taker, gets one saved by best keeper in league.

then hands it over to first mirallas who misses, ross missed one didnt he? before luakaku takes over. Then ross and rom both take them this season , with rom missing 2.

misses one = go on to lose
misses second = go on to lose.

Why on earth isnt leighton then taking them when we have missed more since he passed them up than we ever did with him taking them?
Common sense,but then I'm sure Roberto has a plan.

i thought it was madness him stepping up and i said to my step dad who i was watching it with hes missing 100% sometimes you just know these things. In my opinion Barry should be the penalty taker when on the pitch and if not him then Baines. Both are expert penalty takers. Lukaku is what I would call a poor penalty taker.
It just goes to show the state our club is in that there are favours being done to players to help their goal records and peronal ego rather than doing whats best for the team. Its crazy the state our club is in at the moment.

Baines should always take the pens and would have done, but it got messed up after Mirallas snatched the ball in the WBA game I think, that probably where things started to go wrong with Martinez, he seened to duck that issue and let them sort it out.

Since Mirallas was a fanny with Baines we have had next too no luck with penalties,Baines is such a reliable taker that we are surely able to forgive him for the one miss. It is easy to blame Martinez for everything at the moment surely the players are adult enough(except Mirallas) to sort the penalties out,for me all day long if Leighton is on the park he takes the penalties.

Am I the only one who thinks Baines pens area bit ropey?

Obviously his ratio is good but his last handful have all been poorly hit.

...looking at the Man City game, there might be a few more penalties given as referees are told to clamp down on holding at corners. I hope this is something the coaches are prepared for, particularly in the early part of the season. I'd be giving the penalties to Lukaku despite last seasons semi final, it's perfect goal scoring opportunity for your best goal scorer.

...looking at the Man City game, there might be a few more penalties given as referees are told to clamp down on holding at corners. I hope this is something the coaches are prepared for, particularly in the early part of the season. I'd be giving the penalties to Lukaku despite last seasons semi final, it's perfect goal scoring opportunity for your best goal scorer.

.....quite appropriate that I posted this after the opening games.

Status
Not open for further replies.