Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to remember Southampton have been up there as the best defensive team twice running with this fella. If we can start to keep a clean sheet every other game we will pick up a lot of points. Top 6 is definitely the aim. I can't think of 6 teams definitely better than us

You have to remember Southampton have been up there as the best defensive team twice running with this fella. If we can start to keep a clean sheet every other game we will pick up a lot of points. Top 6 is definitely the aim. I can't think of 6 teams definitely better than us
Exactly and with Rom and Ross you never know. Enough of this positivity back to doom and gloom.

What's happening with Gabbiadini?

If we keep it tight at the back with Jags and Williams and with Lukaku and Barkley up front we definitely have a shot at top 6, even top 4.

However we would need to stay relatively injury free because our bench is rubbish and Stek would have to be the bargain buy of the season.

Personally I don't think two games is enough to go on and Le Tissier wasn't exactly complimentary of him.

Sign Hart and Kone and if Rom stays fit then I think we have a very good chance of top 6 but I don't expect them to sign.
Did Le Tissier see much of him? Is Le Tissier a goalkeeping coach? Think he's just a little bitter we took "his manager"

Someone please stop me falling into the "We're not going to sign anyone" camp

Also going to look a little silly after telling people to wait until september 1st

I've been looking at the transfers between European clubs. They aren't much different than here.

Does anyone really think a 28 year old Higuain is worth £75.3m?

It's just an excuse used by clubs not willing to pay the going rate.

Have to disagree - it's not the 'going rate', it's a hyped up steroid driven rate that clubs now think they can get away with, which may be Europe-wide now but is clearly being driven by the 'Prem premium' (what originally funded the Higuain transfer mate?).

Only a small number of clubs in Europe are willing to spend so much on single players, and the inflationary effect on the next tier down is also causing reticence amongst even the more ambitious clubs from that level. It will possibly settle down eventually but I think the proof of the pudding will be what happens in the next 5 days - which I couldn't hope to predict, but I'm sure will be fascinating.

I suspect he saw a lot more of him than the rest of us given his interest in Southampton.

If he's bitter over anything then it would be Liverpool for taking their entire team over the last few windows.
Think I'll stick with RK's opinion of him rather than that of a Sky pundit.Right now he is the difference between 5th and cosying up next to Bournemouth.

Have to disagree - it's not the 'going rate', it's a hyped up steroid driven rate that clubs now think they can get away with, which may be Europe-wide now but is clearly being driven by the 'Prem premium' (what originally funded the Higuain transfer mate?).

Only a small number of clubs in Europe are willing to spend so much on single players, and the inflationary effect on the next tier down is also causing reticence amongst even the more ambitious clubs from that level. It will possibly settle down eventually but I think the proof of the pudding will be what happens in the next 5 days - which I couldn't hope to predict, but I'm sure will be fascinating.
That money is filtering down through to all levels of football including our championship and smaller European teams from the premiership and CL clubs.

Look at Barnsley who just made 7m from Stones.

The fact is that Utd could afford Pogba and that make it the going rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.