Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why mate, until two days ago Arsenal fans said the exact same thing and expected nothing to happen.

3 years ago we brought in 3 players on the last day, financially we are much more able to match that or better this summer

If we bring in three on the last days, they wont be first choices, more likely squad fillers. As much as I want new players, if we cant get first choices I would rather leave it.

...I suspect it's not for the lack of trying.

There's a fair chance that one of our past targets we will revisit late on i reckon mate, players minds that 3-4 weeks ago thought they where ok with turning down a big offer and expecting a bigger one from a 'bigger' club may change when nothing has happoened and we come back in for them, and they are left with the choice of playign in say Portugal another season or moving to us.

If you take into account the loss of Stones, then at this moment it has been a poor transfer window.
I think we have bought well so far. RK has said about players we are after are going to champions league teams so it shows a step up in calibre. I'd rather we are more cautious about the players we buy now. We have to look at the step below champions league level and that can mean poor value. Look at niasse, Liverpool and Newcastle as examples. We are stronger than last season because of additions and tactics. I'm positive we will add more quality before deadline so am excited for the season. On a personal note I'm glad we aren't just buying our way up to the top. That's not the everton way and it's certainly not sustainable given our current revenues.

There's a fair chance that one of our past targets we will revisit late on i reckon mate, players minds that 3-4 weeks ago thought they where ok with turning down a big offer and expecting a bigger one from a 'bigger' club may change when nothing has happoened and we come back in for them, and they are left with the choice of playign in say Portugal another season or moving to us.

....and I've been thinking the same thing but more along the lines that they might contact us. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if a player or club who turned their back on us has second thoughts as the window shuts. Time will tell.

Just because they're on the wrong side of 30, doesn't mean they have nothing to offer. I doubt anyone would argue that they're in their prime, but if they lose their place in the England squad does that mean we should ship them out?

Do you think in 3 years time (as was claimed) baines and jags will be top notch?

If we bring in three on the last days, they wont be first choices, more likely squad fillers. As much as I want new players, if we cant get first choices I would rather leave it.
Not sure what you're basing this on mate. No reason at all that we can't sign first choice players late in the window. Besides that, I'd be happy if we brought in decent back up options. If lukaku gets injured at the moment we're more or less screwed.

Williams is a better cb than the one arsenal are spending 30m on right now so yes.

Baines is a better lb than spurs, or United's so yes.

Jagielka right now and for the last two seasons is a better cb than stones is, he is also better than any of cities other cbs besides for kompany mate, so yes.

You think spurs or united fans would consider them 'class'?

Status
Not open for further replies.