Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would help for sure. Players we're approaching must be put off by the two previous league finishes, so if we can get up there as much as possible it's a bonus.

Interesting though as Spurs who finished 3rd and have CL this season and the "London factor" which is apparently so important, seemingly haven't been able to attract any top class players.

Shows how difficult the market is at the moment.

Still really hoping that we bring in Mata, a player like that in terms of both ability/stature is a real boost.
Spurs are building a stadium. They have been limited by money.

It would help for sure. Players we're approaching must be put off by the two previous league finishes, so if we can get up there as much as possible it's a bonus.

Interesting though as Spurs who finished 3rd and have CL this season and the "London factor" which is apparently so important, seemingly haven't been able to attract any top class players.

Shows how difficult the market is at the moment.

Still really hoping that we bring in Mata, a player like that in terms of both ability/stature is a real boost.
They've got a class squad already though. They've added jansen who's been dangerous and has a great goal scoring record. Wanyama adds some power and strength their midfield. They've added decent quality, they don't need the quantity.

We've been chasing a lot of players this summer and need both with the amount of players who've been moved on. I'm with you on mata, he'd be a real statement signing, as would Hart though I'm less convinced we need another goalie than we do a creative midfielder. Both would serve the same purpose and put us on more players radar. It sounds awful but I think Jose is playing mata at the moment to get him in the shop window. They've got a huge number of options for that position and if we offered a good amount for him I've got a feeling mourinho would be inclined to try move him on. Whether mata would come is another thing. Signing hart even if it's on loan will make us more appealing imo, he's a big name international afterall

Here's something i find really really strange, When Everton win and the same weekend Liverppol get embaressed, some posters on here either go missing compltetely or there post count trickles away to almost nothing, yet same posters seem to be out in force if we get a bad result or the rs have a good one.

Most strange really, can't fathom the reason at all
A point I hinted at in a previous post. Hence the strange appearance of negativity when we are actually becoming a force again and things are really improving. Suppose secretly they are terrified that we are (he whispers) going to make them look rather stupid and when our state of the art stadium gets built smack bang along the waterfront, hopefully with a batman like everton crest lighting up the skyline then we will make their efforts of putting up a silly new stand to pretend they have a new stadium as quite laughable. Damn I've woke up a tad bitchy today lol...

Spurs are building a stadium. They have been limited by money.

Fair point but at the same time, the press are giving the opinion that they're not able to get these top level players despite their attempts. Maybe the reason head of recruitment at Spurs leaving them.

Hopefully when we're building our boss home on the docks it won't effect our business too much.

I'm really positive. Our squad is looking a lot stronger already and we're still going to spend more.

I've got a feeling that we may pull off a big money signing on deadline day. There's going to be certain players that we weren't able to get previously that might become available at the last minute.

I hope we get Ghezzal as he looks a great player and hoping we get a striker to give Lukaku competition as well as more options for changing systems. Fingers crossed we get Kone, then I think the only other position we could really do with is another CM or AM.

I'm happy with Stek as our main keeper, he looks classy. I can understand us buying another keeper in if someone amazing becomes available but I don't rate Hart.

It's great to have a manager who knows what he's doing in charge. So far in the transfer market he's showing most of us up on here. He seems really tactically astute too and I love the way he doesn't feel the need to wait until 60 mins, like most managers, before changing things.

They've got a class squad already though. They've added jansen who's been dangerous and has a great goal scoring record. Wanyama adds some power and strength their midfield. They've added decent quality, they don't need the quantity.

We've been chasing a lot of players this summer and need both with the amount of players who've been moved on. I'm with you on mata, he'd be a real statement signing, as would Hart though I'm less convinced we need another goalie than we do a creative midfielder. Both would serve the same purpose and put us on more players radar. It sounds awful but I think Jose is playing mata at the moment to get him in the shop window. They've got a huge number of options for that position and if we offered a good amount for him I've got a feeling mourinho would be inclined to try move him on. Whether mata would come is another thing. Signing hart even if it's on loan will make us more appealing imo, he's a big name international afterall

Janssen is a brilliant purchase at the price the paid. The issue for them is whether the squad they have overachieved massively last season, and with the other teams splashing the cash it won't be easy for them to do as well.

Your point on Jose playing Mata is a good one - when in negotiations United could easily say to us that he's played every match for them and they have no intention to sell (suddenly we end up paying £35m+).

Missed out Gibson as one of the leavers.

Gibson with hindsight has been a complete waste of space and should have have been shown the door when he crashed his motor whilst in a drunken stupor.

I don't buy all this he is so talented business.

He ain't earned his corn and therefore as I said has been a waste of resources.
I think we only gave him a contract as he has value. See him going to burnkey or the like for 2-3 million ... Loads of pubs there he will be happy !

Status
Not open for further replies.