Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if koeman were to get nabbed off us 2 years down the line... we would hopefully retain Walsh, if he is successful of course, which would only be hugely beneficial to any new manager we may want.

Signing Walsh could prove bigger for us than the new manager

Welcome Steve Walsh. Could prove to be a very big signing for us given his history of successful scouting and the commendation of none other than Alex Ferguson.
He doesn't have the glamour of Monchi and is near retirement age but I think he'll work well with Koeman who apparently recommended him.
Hope ol Walshie will bring a list of potential targets and we finally start making progress in what has been an underwhelming transfer window so far.

So he's from Chorley, not too far away, did his teacher training here in Liverpool, scouted loads of players for Chelsea and Leicester, and his brother used to play for us.

Good start.

If his brother was playing now he would be top of the Fumadores hit list on every match thread :)

The late 70s equivalent of today's keyboard warriors hated Mickey lol

Welcome Steve Walsh. Could prove to be a very big signing for us given his history of successful scouting and the commendation of none other than Alex Ferguson.
He doesn't have the glamour of Monchi and is near retirement age but I think he'll work well with Koeman who apparently recommended him.
Hope ol Walshie will bring a list of potential targets and we finally start making progress in what has been an underwhelming transfer window so far.

He might not have the glamour of Monchi but he does have the benefit of us all having heard of him before he was linked with EFC :)

Not sommat many could say about Monchi :pint2:

To be fair I had worked out Zola and Drogba would be good. What with them being two of the top players in European football like.

As the foxes fan said on here the other day mate, it wasn't the player he bought but the role in the team. So as much as signing a crap player to us, would be perfect fit inside the champions team. For example Deeney, would have done a much better job there than if he went to anywhere else in the window.

so I got the impression this guy will not sign the big names but sign the players most likely to fit into the team and do their jobs, which is hugely promising in my eyes, especially when you look over 3/4/5 years where we could end up if it all works,

I agree with this, its his forte, finding talent to fit the role required and in doing so saves us a ton of dough. The only problem I can see is on here, new signing J Blogs hot off the press costing us £3mil, that announcement would be followed by 'who the f--- is he', 'told you we had no cash' 'BK is a barsteward' followed by other such numpty moans. Whatever he does he will not waste £13.5 mil as his predecessor did, he will get value for money and at his age he has all the experience in the world.

Welcome Mr Walsh

To be fair I had worked out Zola and Drogba would be good. What with them being two of the top players in European football like.
Not so true. Drogba wasn't the real deal at Marseille he hadnt achieved much before Chelsea came in for him. Zola was obviously well known across Europe, but again, he was a player that the big clubs disregarded, possibly due to his height and strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.