Bob Latchford appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg

I'm fed up with politics, and now we've a manager I'm sitting about waiting for us to sign boss players.

So in the meantime, let's continue our occasional Saturday strolls down memory lane and have a look at Big Bob Latchford.

I just missed out on seeing him but my dad loved him. Tell us about him blues......

In my opinion the best I have seen play for Everton. My first match attended was in '67

My absolute hero growing up. I remember getting on the pitch when he scored the pen against Chelsea for his 30th goal.

My Mum and Dad were in the Main Stand and saw me running round like a loon.

I wasn't allowed out for a week after that. Worth EVERY minute though.

My second ever game that was superb. My first hero too!

Which reminds me - remember being about 8 when I was left home alone while dad out at work and mum at the shops one day ringing every R.Latchford in the phone book asking if Bob was in. Godknows what I would have said if it was him. ( never occured to me people could be ex directory)
Got a few clear offs and think you have the wrong number son replies. Was disappointed. Was just about to try A.King's when my mum came back. Remember also looking for G Nulty's to tell him he was crap but there was none!

Status
Not open for further replies.