Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the youth is there in the background, and they'll learn from experience. That's my view, if the fullbacks are sold, finished etc I'd look to replace them with quality rather than youth.

We need to set a marker to compete in the league, that's why I'm for experience. My concern is that if these youngster are as good as they look and we as a team are still fluttering around mid table then they'll want to move and compete at the top. If they know they will be part of a conveyor belt and will get their chance, if they're good enough, coupled with what they're learning from top pros I think it'll be more beneficial for everyone.

if as a team you buy stones when not wanted by chelsea and stones from relative obscurity and within 3 years both of them have gotten absolutely massive moves to what the media and 'agents' etc consider to be top teams, then yeah it will 1100% aid the club when they are in negotiations with any talented hyped young player - as his agent will see the track record and see the pound signs light up about another mvoe much bigger in 2-3 seasons

Difficulty then though is ever breaking out that cycle in the media and agents/players eyes and keepign hold of the young players

Aye it's all speculation right now. I mean look at the fella in la liga now 36 abd one of the top scorers after having an average career up until thst point. So saying anything now is just guess work lol

But most teams have more than one striker anyway and Kone is clearly not good enough so it wouldn't surprise me to see 2 come in, in the hope the new manager actually knows how to manage a football team.

IF Lukaku goes, which honestly looks nailed on now really, then we need 3 bringing in, don't think besides Rom we have any at the club even remotely good enough to be a squad player never mind starting, and don't think w ehave anyone on the verge of coming through in the academy either really

even more than the keeper its the biggest area we need to sort out

IF Lukaku goes, which honestly looks nailed on now really, then we need 3 bringing in, don't think besides Rom we have any at the club even remotely good enough to be a squad player never mind starting, and don't think w ehave anyone on the verge of coming through in the academy either really

even more than the keeper its the biggest area we need to sort out
Agreed. But I can't see three strikers being signed this summer if you don't negate the quality of them at the same time. Two with Kone leaving will be good for me, perhaps we have a young lad who needs a chance as third choice ala the Nigerian lad at City.

I'm actually looking forward to signing a new goalkeeper this summer, I know very little about them so be something to look forward to signing one I have never heard of and hopefully him being great.

Told by the same City scout Everton and City now trying for a deal which involves Stones and Hart.

Pep doesn't fancy him according to this guy and not willing to sell to champions league team. Nor Man Utd.

Far fetched but who knows

Normally very very sceptical about anything reported as a swap deal etc, but in the case of Stones and due to the big sell on to Barnsley i can see us being interested if we have decided he is going to go.

From memory anyway - sellon only applies to the actual money changing hands so the cost of the player coming the other way isn't factored into the deal

Want him to stay like though

Told by the same City scout Everton and City now trying for a deal which involves Stones and Hart.

Pep doesn't fancy him according to this guy and not willing to sell to champions league team. Nor Man Utd.

Far fetched but who knows
Wonder if that means that we are getting Pellegrini?

Would be a good reason for Hart to come if he has a manager he likes in charge at a club with money to spend.

Agreed. But I can't see three strikers being signed this summer if you don't negate the quality of them at the same time. Two with Kone leaving will be good for me, perhaps we have a young lad who needs a chance as third choice ala the Nigerian lad at City.

I'm actually looking forward to signing a new goalkeeper this summer, I know very little about them so be something to look forward to signing one I have never heard of and hopefully him being great.

I want Emery mate, and if we managed to get him, let him bring in Gameiro and Rico straight away along with the Krychowiak who is quality.
say 15-20m for Gameiro, 15-120m for Rico and 25-30m for Krychowiak (total guesswork on fees) - basically 55-70m on spending to give us a really strong spine to the team of players who are all top quality and who will get the mangers system without any settling in.

IF that was all done out of Moshiris pocket - as promised 'serious' spending would be done this year, and then anything else on top of that would need to be funded by sales i'd be more than happy, Lukaku goes for 65, then get a replacement striekr in like a Lacazette for half 30-35 and got 30m then to spend on the rest of the squad

Easy this footy manager lark though innit lol

if as a team you buy stones when not wanted by chelsea and stones from relative obscurity and within 3 years both of them have gotten absolutely massive moves to what the media and 'agents' etc consider to be top teams, then yeah it will 1100% aid the club when they are in negotiations with any talented hyped young player - as his agent will see the track record and see the pound signs light up about another mvoe much bigger in 2-3 seasons

Difficulty then though is ever breaking out that cycle in the media and agents/players eyes and keepign hold of the young players

That's my point and why I'd rather focus the summer spending on proven quality rather than youth potential. Set a spending plan that will compete and establish us as something serious rather than something that could be. The cycle would start to crumble and the youth would see this us the place to be

I want Emery mate, and if we managed to get him, let him bring in Gameiro and Rico straight away along with the Krychowiak who is quality.
say 15-20m for Gameiro, 15-120m for Rico and 25-30m for Krychowiak (total guesswork on fees) - basically 55-70m on spending to give us a really strong spine to the team of players who are all top quality and who will get the mangers system without any settling in.

IF that was all done out of Moshiris pocket - as promised 'serious' spending would be done this year, and then anything else on top of that would need to be funded by sales i'd be more than happy, Lukaku goes for 65, then get a replacement striekr in like a Lacazette for half 30-35 and got 30m then to spend on the rest of the squad

Easy this footy manager lark though innit lol
Haha yeah.

Id be happy to see keeper, defender, midfielder and striker minimum come in and go in that direction. That is depending on no sales, with I'd like to hope replacements if we did sell anyone.

Dunno.

I personally would love Joe Hart.

Figurehead. Leadership. Cracking goalie.
Given stones relative age and harts stature and wages I can see it being difficult to sort a deal. City would argue a straight swap I would lean towards part wages paid and maybe 10 mil on top

I'd hope we sign 2 strikers to replace rom if we cannot bring in some amazing striker off the bat. Sign one good for 10 plus goals and sign another who us more the replacement, i.e younger and a massive potential. That way it gives us options and the experienced one can give us what the younger one can't.

You've just slated me for suggesting

Lukaku for Rashford and 2 utd full backs + cash as squad players.

And here you are wanting a young forward with massive potential...

Cant make this stuff up.

Fantastic mate.

Sign teenagers for hugely inflated prices rather than sign actual players who can improve the team. So you think we should let half the team go and replace them with uniteds reserves?

But if it works in your football manager game........

Another ridiculous comment..."hugely inflated prices"

The LB is out of contract.

The other two would be part of a swap deal + cash for Lukaku.

Dearie me....how to comment without reading the information in your face first

Status
Not open for further replies.