Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As nobody else wants to give an update and I suppose it's left to me (seems like all the other ITK's have gone quiet!) - taking another pop at esk, despite the fact he didnt respond until esk had said about 2-3 different posts on the subject, one actually going into a bit more detail about thigns as well, then mole appears

Meeting with Emery reps took place today. - common knowledge - Guardian reporters who first broke any contact stated that we would be meeting him mid week - esk already confiremed the day of the meeting

Very productive meeting and Emery clearly wants to be a manager in the Premier League and our 'project interests him greatly'. Emery is on record as stating that the league itnerestes him - bloody obvious though as he interviewed for west ham and had interest in villa at one point

Buy out clause and salary are not an issue. - yeah as he is on les than a third of Martinez money it would obvious not be an issue and we have a billionaire owner so the buyout of one year left wouldnt be an issue either - yetb again ITK stuff that is painfully apparent to anyone

BUT Real Madrid are...... running with a story broke by Sky Italia of all places and then given credence by AS - hmmm IF Mardid win or lose then as loing as we don't appoint Emery before Saturday (which weobviously won't do) then he can't be pulled up as being wrong about this, a safe way to ap[pear ITK by piggybacking a story that can't be dissproved

Essentially if we want Emery, we need Real to win on Sat. and ofc if they lose and we still get him - then it can be thrown onto Madrid being madrid and unpredictable - if they win then we get him - he can point to this as a sign he was ITK, 50/50 bet with no downside for him guessing wrong again

Then this deal has a real chance of happening, if not we have our work cut out as he has a very good chance of replacing Zidane. - goes back a bit on the previous line which stated we need real to win, now hes suggesting we could still get him if they lose - covered his bases there nicely

Depending on Saturday's outcome, Emery will be in London for further discussions and hopefully confirmed as EFC manager at some point next week. - so depending on the ooutcome, then Emery may or may not be in London at some point next week and may or may not be confiremed as Everton manager next week also - BIG prediciton their isn't it lol

I'm not trying to make friends or enemies, just passing on well sourced information. Hmmmmm

At this moment, De Boer is not an option. Esk already stated a few times De Boer isn't in the running atm

Thats what i make of it Bungle - call me a cynic maybe lol
I'm very much looking forward to all your reactions when @The Esk confirms this info.

patience Thomas, hopefully in a weeks time we will either have a new manager or things will certainly be a lot clearer on who is still in the hat for the job.

Thing is mate - Watford just sacked their manager, had another one lined up. Liverpool sacked Rodgers, had Klopp lined up, United sacked LVG, had lined up Mourinho...you catch my drift?

Once again as in previous times, despite everybody proclaiming the new major shareholder as the second coming of Christ, we appear to be bumbling around like amateurs again - shall we just call it "typical Everton".

Oi Oi, Mole scouting out the opposition

upload_2016-5-27_9-41-45.png

I'm not sure what all the issues are here.

As I said last night, all offers of information are welcome, it's not a competitive environment - that's not how GOT works. People post, hopefully information is consistent, if not it's likely because it's from different sources. Then the play plays out, and the information is either proven to be correct or not.

That's how it's worked for years here, and that's how it will continue I hope.

Thing is mate - Watford just sacked their manager, had another one lined up. Liverpool sacked Rodgers, had Klopp lined up, United sacked LVG, had lined up Mourinho...you catch my drift?

Once again as in previous times, despite everybody proclaiming the new major shareholder as the second coming of Christ, we appear to be bumbling around like amateurs again - shall we just call it "typical Everton".

I know it may look like that but as things stand I don't think we are. My take on it is -

Mourinho we were deffo interested, knew Utd were first choice so may have had brief discussions but nothing was offered.

Koeman we were deffo interested and were given signs that he would be as well. For whatever reason he changed his mind and so we have moved on and haven't pursued him any further. Again imo we haven't been turned down because we didn't get to the stage where we offered anything.

Pellegrini has been interviewed so he's obviously on the short list and available.

Moyes I don't think has been interviewed, more so he probably begged Kenwright over a Skype call asking for his old job back. Bill was about to cave in and give it to him but Mosh came back from the bog sooner than expected and Bill had to end the call suddenly.

Unsworth I hope they have had a chat with him, told him their plans and how they want him to be a part of it in the future.

Emery hopefully we've had good talks and things are progressing and he is showing a keen interest in the job.

What Mosh is doing is not releasing anything saying "I want Mr Smith or Mr Jones" only to be jibbed off. Everything is being done quietly and hopefully efficiently. This is his first real big key appointment so he will want to get it right.

If we ain't got someone by next Friday then I will panic with you mate lol

...folk post views on here and we debate. Folks post information on here and I tend to believe it. If folk post mis-information and false claims to be ITK them it's a very sad reflection on them.

You know Eggs, I have been given info in the past due to past association with Everton (long ago now). Thats long gone, but sometimes it was right, sometimes it was so far wrong it was stupid. One thing i have learnt about all of this, people giving info and misinfo is that sometimes both are right things just change quickly.

If people make it up for attention then thats sound, its all fun and games.

before you ask - i don't know anyone at EFC no more so i have no info...

Apologies if it's already been posted, but anyone else put off de Boer by his brother's constant commentary on how well he'd be suited to Everton? This morning I've woken up to find out that Frank will get the best out of Stones, does that mean he's taking over from Pep at Citeh?

Imagine the post match press conferences with his brother in tow, bring back bobby now.

I'm not sure what all the issues are here.

As I said last night, all offers of information are welcome, it's not a competitive environment - that's not how GOT works. People post, hopefully information is consistent, if not it's likely because it's from different sources. Then the play plays out, and the information is either proven to be correct or not.

That's how it's worked for years here, and that's how it will continue I hope.

Until they get it wrong and are rounded up by the GOT Sicherheitspolizei.

Apologies if it's already been posted, but anyone else put off de Boer by his brother's constant commentary on how well he'd be suited to Everton? This morning I've woken up to find out that Frank will get the best out of Stones, does that mean he's taking over from Pep at Citeh?

Imagine the post match press conferences with his brother in tow, bring back bobby now.

I actually quite like him flirting with us. At least they seem interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.