Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update for anyone that didn't see moles post in the early hours.

Make of that what you will @orly

As nobody else wants to give an update and I suppose it's left to me (seems like all the other ITK's have gone quiet!) - taking another pop at esk, despite the fact he didnt respond until esk had said about 2-3 different posts on the subject, one actually going into a bit more detail about thigns as well, then mole appears

Meeting with Emery reps took place today. - common knowledge - Guardian reporters who first broke any contact stated that we would be meeting him mid week - esk already confiremed the day of the meeting

Very productive meeting and Emery clearly wants to be a manager in the Premier League and our 'project interests him greatly'. Emery is on record as stating that the league itnerestes him - bloody obvious though as he interviewed for west ham and had interest in villa at one point

Buy out clause and salary are not an issue. - yeah as he is on les than a third of Martinez money it would obvious not be an issue and we have a billionaire owner so the buyout of one year left wouldnt be an issue either - yetb again ITK stuff that is painfully apparent to anyone

BUT Real Madrid are...... running with a story broke by Sky Italia of all places and then given credence by AS - hmmm IF Mardid win or lose then as loing as we don't appoint Emery before Saturday (which weobviously won't do) then he can't be pulled up as being wrong about this, a safe way to ap[pear ITK by piggybacking a story that can't be dissproved

Essentially if we want Emery, we need Real to win on Sat. and ofc if they lose and we still get him - then it can be thrown onto Madrid being madrid and unpredictable - if they win then we get him - he can point to this as a sign he was ITK, 50/50 bet with no downside for him guessing wrong again

Then this deal has a real chance of happening, if not we have our work cut out as he has a very good chance of replacing Zidane. - goes back a bit on the previous line which stated we need real to win, now hes suggesting we could still get him if they lose - covered his bases there nicely

Depending on Saturday's outcome, Emery will be in London for further discussions and hopefully confirmed as EFC manager at some point next week. - so depending on the ooutcome, then Emery may or may not be in London at some point next week and may or may not be confiremed as Everton manager next week also - BIG prediciton their isn't it lol

I'm not trying to make friends or enemies, just passing on well sourced information. Hmmmmm

At this moment, De Boer is not an option. Esk already stated a few times De Boer isn't in the running atm

Thats what i make of it Bungle - call me a cynic maybe lol

Just a interesting little bit about the Emery to Real Madrid if they lose the final story doing the rounds, the source originated in Sky Italia (renowned garbage) and has been given legs by AS reporting it as a big story, since then obviously all other media sources are running with it based upon the AS report rather than the sky Italia one (as AS looks more 'sourced' than how sky italia would have any information on why the result between two spanish teams would dictate the future of another manager of another Spanish team and how Sky Italia of all places would be the first to have this story)

Perez the Madrod chairman has a colourful hostory with AS, and they are IMO trying to undermine the Real team prior to the final, Perez succesfully sued AS for a story they ran - think he domne them for defamation of character, AS have a definite agenda against madrid as can be expoected from a paper sued by the owner of a club.

Unless someone without a serious agenda against Real come out with a seperate source for this rumour, it strikes me as being compelte and utter bs, the same way we always get a player linked to United just before we play them in the media for example

There should be severe punishment for people who make stuff up/lie especially journalists, like a good prison sentence.

Without turning this into a discussion about Real Madrid... I was surprised when I saw it as I thought that Zidane was thought to be doing a reasonable job. They were well off the pace in La Liga when he came in but ended up losing out on the last day. They are in the CL final and you would say they are favourites. He has been groomed in the club's B team to eventually be manager so I would be really shocked (even by Madrid standards) if they removed him. Don't forget he has been at the club as a coach pretty much since he finished playing so I think he will be there for next season.

|Removing him would heap a lot of pressure onto an already under pressure owner mate, as Zidane is loved by the fans and unlike other madrid managers they have improved a lot sicne he took over, most - even the kneejerk ones want to see what he can do with a full season with them - and rightly so imo

This is clearly an anti Perez story, get the fans annoyed he is thinking of replacing him, maybe cast doubt in the madrid squad before the buiggets game of the season to try effect the game

GD914480.jpg

Unai EMery

re-arrange those words mate... OMG it's on

So, if the latest update is true, we are now back in a position where we are waiting on an outcome of something out of our control (madrid) just as we were with man u and Mourinho and also Koeman and Southampton.

Just a reality check for those of you who think we are doing a bang up job here - We could be potentially about to be bypassed by our 3rd manager in this already as he has eyes on a bigger prize. Which kind of backs up all of the opinions that we are shooting above our level and as much as it hurts to admit it, we will end up with old fanta pubes or another equally uninspiring appointment.

It's starting to stink to high heaven again and looking very Everton.

The "we are taking our time and making sure we get it right" theory isn't standing any more, as we could soon be on the potential 4th choice, which contradicts that theory completely IMO.

Not 1 single newspaper has reported we met with Emery but they all know that Real have aparently told him to hold fire till after sat, complete load of hogwash. I think sky have got wind off us and Emery and made up a jarg rumour to try and stop it as we might mess up the sky 5 which there all drolling over

As nobody else wants to give an update and I suppose it's left to me (seems like all the other ITK's have gone quiet!)

Meeting with Emery reps took place today.

Very productive meeting and Emery clearly wants to be a manager in the Premier League and our 'project interests him greatly'.

Buy out clause and salary are not an issue.

BUT Real Madrid are......

Essentially if we want Emery, we need Real to win on Sat.

Then this deal has a real chance of happening, if not we have our work cut out as he has a very good chance of replacing Zidane.

Depending on Saturday's outcome, Emery will be in London for further discussions and hopefully confirmed as EFC manager at some point next week.

I'm not trying to make friends or enemies, just passing on well sourced information.

At this moment, De Boer is not an option.

Not 1 single newspaper has reported we met with Emery but they all know that Real have aparently told him to hold fire till after sat, complete load of hogwash. I think sky have got wind off us and Emery and made up a jarg rumour to try and stop it as we might mess up the sky 5 which there all drolling over
That's because they are campaigning for the return of Super Davie Moyes!

Hounded out of United, but would be great for plucky little Everton.

So, if the latest update is true, we are now back in a position where we are waiting on an outcome of something out of our control (madrid) just as we were with man u and Mourinho and also Koeman and Southampton.

Just a reality check for those of you who think we are doing a bang up job here - We could be potentially about to be bypassed by our 3rd manager in this already as he has eyes on a bigger prize. Which kind of backs up all of the opinions that we are shooting above our level and as much as it hurts to admit it, we will end up with old fanta pubes or another equally uninspiring appointment.

It's starting to stink to high heaven again and looking very Everton.

The "we are taking our time and making sure we get it right" theory isn't standing any more, as we could soon be on the potential 4th choice, which contradicts that theory completely IMO.

patience Thomas, hopefully in a weeks time we will either have a new manager or things will certainly be a lot clearer on who is still in the hat for the job.

I'd be very surprised if Zidane is binned off even if they get beat. He's held in high regard by Madrid and has been groomed for this position for a while, it was always his job. He's respected throughout the club and has clearly turned their fortunes since FSW left

IMO he'll be given a bit of time regardless of Saturday

Florentino Perez though. You never know. Sacked Ancelotti.

Chill out.

If someone is in the know about anything then there you go, telling you to ease your mind. If they aren't and are chatting on then makes no difference either way.

Just chill out trying to prove everyone wrong about things they type because it's off putting for anyone who is willing to pass any information on

As nobody else wants to give an update and I suppose it's left to me (seems like all the other ITK's have gone quiet!) - taking another pop at esk, despite the fact he didnt respond until esk had said about 2-3 different posts on the subject, one actually going into a bit more detail about thigns as well, then mole appears

Meeting with Emery reps took place today. - common knowledge - Guardian reporters who first broke any contact stated that we would be meeting him mid week - esk already confiremed the day of the meeting

Very productive meeting and Emery clearly wants to be a manager in the Premier League and our 'project interests him greatly'. Emery is on record as stating that the league itnerestes him - bloody obvious though as he interviewed for west ham and had interest in villa at one point

Buy out clause and salary are not an issue. - yeah as he is on les than a third of Martinez money it would obvious not be an issue and we have a billionaire owner so the buyout of one year left wouldnt be an issue either - yetb again ITK stuff that is painfully apparent to anyone

BUT Real Madrid are...... running with a story broke by Sky Italia of all places and then given credence by AS - hmmm IF Mardid win or lose then as loing as we don't appoint Emery before Saturday (which weobviously won't do) then he can't be pulled up as being wrong about this, a safe way to ap[pear ITK by piggybacking a story that can't be dissproved

Essentially if we want Emery, we need Real to win on Sat. and ofc if they lose and we still get him - then it can be thrown onto Madrid being madrid and unpredictable - if they win then we get him - he can point to this as a sign he was ITK, 50/50 bet with no downside for him guessing wrong again

Then this deal has a real chance of happening, if not we have our work cut out as he has a very good chance of replacing Zidane. - goes back a bit on the previous line which stated we need real to win, now hes suggesting we could still get him if they lose - covered his bases there nicely

Depending on Saturday's outcome, Emery will be in London for further discussions and hopefully confirmed as EFC manager at some point next week. - so depending on the ooutcome, then Emery may or may not be in London at some point next week and may or may not be confiremed as Everton manager next week also - BIG prediciton their isn't it lol

I'm not trying to make friends or enemies, just passing on well sourced information. Hmmmmm

At this moment, De Boer is not an option. Esk already stated a few times De Boer isn't in the running atm

Thats what i make of it Bungle - call me a cynic maybe lol

Just posting for those that hadn't seen it mate, do you want to have a fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.