Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your forgetting a big thing mate, board expectations, at Sevilla the remit seems to be qualify for Europe and try win a cup, not challenge for the league or CL season in and out. In that regard he definitely DOES prioritise the Cup competitions - and rightly so, he keepts them competitive in the league to ensure Europe each year, but rather than throwing everything into the league games late season - they deliberately rest the squad (A LOT) to keep them fresh in europe - and it works

Pretty sure that had Sevilla just jibbed off the EL and cup comps each seaosn then they would have been regularly fighting it out for that 4th spot in the league, the manger and board seem to think the best route to their goals are via europe though, and have to say they appear correct

Aye, to be honest on the thread with his name i said i was probably being a little harsh on him. I probably still am to be honest.

He has a good record, players seem to play well for him and he is flexible (from what i have seen). Just something about it not making me jump through the roof with excitement, which is silly considering people who have much better connections in football then me rate him massively. Just can't put my finger on it.

After The Esks latest posts we all jumped to the opinion he was talking about Emery.

He didnt correct this assumption did he ?

He signed Nzonzi - i always liked him good tackler and can play a bit too, good shot as well, wouldn't be disappointed if he brought him with him ( if he came himself of course)

Real Madrid made a pretty good recovery in the second half of the season under Zidane to keep Barca on their toes. I think some papers mentioned a few weeks ago that Zidane's job was safe, so this seems a non-story.

As it is apparent that no one wants the job, I think it's time we look at the undead for our next appointment. I'd love Dracula on our sidelines, turning into a bat every time we score and sinking his teeth into Klopp at Anfield. We could demolish the St. Lukes and replace it with a gothic chamber where our new man can rest his ancient soul on a solid marble slab between matches.

Last edited:
I'm delighted that Koeman is becoming less and less likely. I don't personally put him in the top bracket of managers, and I doubt he'd have the ability to tempt our stars to stay.

Emery is 100% my top choice, to do what he's done in the Europa League is nothing short of amazing and this is without his previous credentials with Valencia. Considering his age he should be the one we go all out for.

Otherwise my second choice would be Pellegrini. He's slated often in this thread but his career as a whole is very impressive and he's easily the better choice over RK.

Third choice is FDB as he clearly wants the job and I think he would be worth a punt if we fail with our top targets.

A huge factor is who we pick as our DOF. As much as I love JR he's not the man for the role of scouting the world for talent, he should be involved at some level within the club though. Our DOF needs to be someone like who Sevilla has - maybe we can bring him with Emery? :D

Real Madrid made a pretty good recovery in the second half of the season under Zidane to keep Barca on their toes. I think some papers mentioned a few weeks ago that Zidane's job was safe, so this seems a non-story.
After that Granada news bird Used the word 'interesting' it could be ZZ, I don't think interesting would be the word to describe emery or Diego (pipe dream I know)

Status
Not open for further replies.