Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What tweet?
Capture.JPG

I can completely understand why Emery might not decide straight away considering what he would leave behind in Sevilla (and what he's achieved there). On the other hand, what is Koeman leaving behind?

If there's even a slight bit of doubt from his end that he wants to join us, we should end our interest there. Unlike Emery, he's leaving behind a couple of reasonable seasons at Southampton and a very average career as manager - he should be jumping at the opportunity.

Whoever we pick though I'm confident that Moshiri would go for the best choice available at the time.

So Esk has said there is a meeting today on bringing Emery here. Like any meeting, there has to be something in it for both sides to progress, I hope we put everything we can into getting him here.

He is clearly interested by virtue of meeting, I would sincerely doubt that we could not give him what he is looking for regarding personal terms (significantly more than what he earns currently I imagine) and accomodating the staff he would wish to bring with him.

It is much more doable that bringing Mourinho here ever was, I hope everyone connected with these negotiations is completely on message and sells the club in the best possible light to him. I really think Emery is the absolute best manager we could realistically hope to attract to Everton and securing him would be hugely significant for our future.

Emery isn't in the top 20 best paid managers in the world, apparently we where willing to give Koeman (according to a report i read earlier) £6m a year.

You would hope financially we would put an offer infront of him he couldn't refuse, Am interested in the pitch to him about our future, if Moshiri is leading that or Kenwright.

Aye, to be honest on the thread with his name i said i was probably being a little harsh on him. I probably still am to be honest.

He has a good record, players seem to play well for him and he is flexible (from what i have seen). Just something about it not making me jump through the roof with excitement, which is silly considering people who have much better connections in football then me rate him massively. Just can't put my finger on it.
How's his English

I can completely understand why Emery might not decide straight away considering what he would leave behind in Sevilla (and what he's achieved there). On the other hand, what is Koeman leaving behind?

If there's even a slight bit of doubt from his end that he wants to join us, we should end our interest there. Unlike Emery, he's leaving behind a couple of reasonable seasons at Southampton and a very average career as manager - he should be jumping at the opportunity.

Whoever we pick though I'm confident that Moshiri would go for the best choice available at the time.

Thats the bit that gets me mate, unless he has been told he has bigger fish in the very near future, i am shocked we wouldn't have appealed to him and would be worth a shot.

So Esk has said there is a meeting today on bringing Emery here. Like any meeting, there has to be something in it for both sides to progress, I hope we put everything we can into getting him here.

He is clearly interested by virtue of meeting, I would sincerely doubt that we could not give him what he is looking for regarding personal terms (significantly more than what he earns currently I imagine) and accomodating the staff he would wish to bring with him.

It is much more doable that bringing Mourinho here ever was, I hope everyone connected with these negotiations is completely on message and sells the club in the best possible light to him. I really think Emery is the absolute best manager we could realistically hope to attract to Everton and securing him would be hugely significant for our future.

If we got him where would you rank him out of the other prem managers?

Emery isn't in the top 20 best paid managers in the world, apparently we where willing to give Koeman (according to a report i read earlier) £6m a year.

You would hope financially we would put an offer infront of him he couldn't refuse, Am interested in the pitch to him about our future, if Moshiri is leading that or Kenwright.

I imagine it would be Moshiri. Something about him tells me that he can talk a very good game when it comes to the serious stuff. The man oozes class/power IMO.

Him alongside Emery and a top quality DOF will be a strong team when it comes to using our cash for players.

This, and making the pitch to him in every way possible. It would be just fantastic if Emery came here and when asked why he was joining said something like (be it in Spanish or English) "It is because they really, really wanted me here, I felt that, and I'm excited about what we can achieve"

Most folk I have spoken to (non-blues) were sniggering at the prospect of us getting Koeman. I would love to see them react to Emery @ EFC.

As it is apparent that no one wants the job, I think it's time we look at the undead for our next appointment. I'd love Dracula on our sidelines, turning into a bat every time we score and sinking his teeth into Klopp at Anfield. We could demolish the St. Lukes and replace it with a gothic chamber where our new man can rest his ancient soul on a solid marble slab between matches.
Already tried that with Gorden Lee didnt work then either

I imagine it would be Moshiri. Something about him tells me that he can talk a very good game when it comes to the serious stuff. The man oozes class/power IMO.

Him alongside Emery and a top quality DOF will be a strong team when it comes to using our cash for players.

Yep agree with that - the DoF is something which i am particularly interested in, especially with Emery working with one.

Wonder if we are committed to getting one in, if Emery is the one we would go all out for one - the RS have been linked with him, and the one from dortmund too.

Status
Not open for further replies.