Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, just read the mail article.

All goes along with what I was told a few months back.

Stones was the one who'd had that discussion.

It was Stones.

Known this for a while. Kind of hoping it was just heresay, but it was Stones and a few of the other younger players who were the most vocal. I mentioned it a while back that Stones had been saying their had been a bit of a fall-out around the time of the City second-leg, but the results had then picked up...
then I wonder if the game involved was the Stoke 3-4 game ?

I'd be happy with most of the names mentioned. Koeman would be a big improvement on Martinez imo.

I think if we were able to prise him away from Southampton it'd indicate we're planning on spending a huge amount of money on the playing squad, which is great. It'd indicate we're offering him (besides his pay and personal terms) something that blows what he has at Southampton out of the water, which is why I don't think his league position achievements there suggest they'll be what he achieves here. He'll be working towards different targets with greater resources here. He's done well so far in the premier league so I don't feel it's a big gamble either.

Not excited by Koeman at all. If that's the extent of "New Everton's" ambition then we're in for more of the same of the last decade. We'll never know but if it ends up being Keoman I hope it's because half a dozen others turned us down and not because the new decision makers genuinely think he's a top option.

Mate - I saw Bobby coming a mile off and trust me under this fella we will be wining the 6th place trophy at best.

6th is a far site better than 12th...

Koeman has a balance. It's what this club needs.

Anybody thinking we're gonna get Mourinho and be challenging for the league next season needs a headcheck.

Btw, next year will be nowhere near as open as this. I expect City, Chelsea or potentially even United will have the title sealed by April.

Check the last few years.

After a mad season in the PL, there is always a major tournament (think: City win lg last min 2012, liverpool bottle it 2014, Leicester 2016...)

Season immediately following that, all the teams tail off around xmas due to players not having a full pre-season. the team who starts the best wins the league (think: Man U 2013, Chelsea 2015...)

Talk sport were saying de boer had no premier league experience so could be risky. But an Evertonian caller pointed out his right hand men were bergkamp and Stam who have bossed it during their time. If we could get all 3 here I'd be very happy with that.

Jeepers.....that would be a dream team.

Bergkamp coaching the forwards and Stam the defenders.

:dance:

Not excited by Koeman at all. If that's the extent of "New Everton's" ambition then we're in for more of the same of the last decade. We'll never know but if it ends up being Keoman I hope it's because half a dozen others turned us down and not because the new decision makers genuinely think he's a top option.

Koeman is a huge name in football. He's as big as De Boer and as a player done as much in the game...

He's also got two years of doing extremely well with a very limited budget at a club that has had to constantly sell its best players, but has done it with a style while spotting the mistakes he has made and correcting them.

What is exciting, to you? Thinking we're getting Mourinho, or Pellegrini who has been roundly criticised recently for being stubborn and boring, or getting a manager who has been criticised for being too stubborn and defensively naive in the Eredivise???

Status
Not open for further replies.