Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what it is but koeman just screams "meh" to me

Just not exciting

Think I'm with you on that one mate.

Maybe it's just an elaborate smoke screen or deception technique to keep the media off the trail while they do nail down someone to make us go ooooh! !!

I think Koeman would do well - it wouldn't be spectacular, but I think he'd bring a good mix of Moyes & Martinez's methods.

This is an interesting watch on the way he sets his teams up: (about 15 minutes in).

The thing that swings it for Koeman imo over De Boer is

a) his PL expereince

b) due to reason a, he is now more willing to adapt his style on a game by game basis, which is what we need. He is capable of playing the free-flowing stuff when needs be, and also when needs be is happy to sit and play on the counter (e.g. spurs the other day). He's done wonders with Sotton. I think he'd be a superb coup if we got him!

P.S. I've been working. Has @The Esk said anything more? ;)

I'm ok with it actually and I do want Everton to be at the very top of the game. Jose would be wild, a lot of fun but maybe not long term. Koeman can build a platform, there's likely a DoF as well. He'd make us competitive pretty quickly, you are right about the old guard's ambition but Moshiri goes way beyond that and it's his call.

Understand fella but I am completely against it and worse it,s a choice that neither reflects the fans wishes, excites us and would not unite us becuase mark my words he will have a question mark over him from the off.

Ya, I'm still figuring out how to NOT SHOW my real name. Now everyone can stalk me on FB, not that I'm on it that much anyway LOL

It does, sure, but imagine if Simeone comes over just for money, that would be sad. But for now, you'll have enough faith for another day as some good managers will stay at the clubs they are loyal to. (p.s. Simeone said he will stay as long as the club grows with him so it is possible for him to be lured away if ever they get into a financial mess)

Still, Emery's move is more logical in my mind. Unless Sevilla comes into a load of cash aka new owner, which generally also mean his job is in danger due to new management, I doubt he will ever have the resources to break into the elite. Here, he will have positive net spend, a good academy to blood youngsters and the most patient fans in EPL.

It is sad that football now is lopsided, but since we're not on the fat side, yet, I want us to have the best pieces on the board to help us break that ceiling.
Hmm...prepare to be trolled & i hope you like pizza mate;)

I don't know what it is but koeman just screams "meh" to me

Just not exciting

Koeman would be a better appointment than FDB, IMO, though I would be happy with either.

Koeman would suit us down to a tee, as well, I think.

Short of Mourinho, I honestly think he'd be the best option.

I'm ok with it actually and I do want Everton to be at the very top of the game. Jose would be wild, a lot of fun but maybe not long term. Koeman can build a platform, there's likely a DoF as well. He'd make us competitive pretty quickly, you are right about the old guard's ambition but Moshiri goes way beyond that and it's his call.

Would you say it's basically done then mate in your opinion?

You've been bang on with this, @DAVIDMOYES level of ITK.

I think Koeman would do well - it wouldn't be spectacular, but I think he'd bring a good mix of Moyes & Martinez's methods.

This is an interesting watch on the way he sets his teams up: (about 15 minutes in).

Enjoyed that tbh, liked what he was saying

Barkley posssibly?

It was Stones.

Known this for a while. Kind of hoping it was just heresay, but it was Stones and a few of the other younger players who were the most vocal. I mentioned it a while back that Stones had been saying their had been a bit of a fall-out around the time of the City second-leg, but the results had then picked up...

there would also be sammy lee though, which makes everything else irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.