Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from Mourinho I think every manages a gamble, it's just degrees. De Boer has done something no previous Ajax manager (including Koemann) has done and that's won four on the bounce. If he wins the last game that's 5 out of 6. The question would be over his performance in Europe.

I know his results verus Celtic arent great, but Dutch teams in general seem to do badly in Europe the last few years.

Possibly down to the Spanish, German, Italian and English teams just being so God damn good.

I know his results verus Celtic arent great, but Dutch teams in general seem to do badly in Europe the last few years.

Possibly down to the Spanish, German, Italian and English teams just being so God damn good.
It's not a massive concern, it's just a point against him. I'd prefer Emery myself but he's got points against him as well. They're all gambles but I'm pretty sure they'd both be a massive step up in calibre from Martinez.

Apart from Mourinho I think every manages a gamble, it's just degrees. De Boer has done something no previous Ajax manager (including Koemann) has done and that's won four on the bounce. If he wins the last game that's 5 out of 6. The question would be over his performance in Europe.

Indeed, but even Jose is a gamble, he hasnt managed a club like us since Porto, 12 years ago, how will he cope?

Theres not a single manager that currently wouldnt be a gamble.

For me we need a winner, somebody who knows how to win, somebody hungry to win, theres not a single manager in the world we could point to and say "yeah, he would nail it".

The more I think about it the less inclined I am towards Pellegrini as our new manager.

Don't get me wrong he's a massive upgrade on Martinez but I'm not sure he's what we need right now.

I think we need a hard , snidey manager , a winner not someone who will come in and just smooth things over like he did at City.

I'd like to see someone with more energy , dynamism and better able to organise and motivate.

That sounds a lot like Mourinho or Simeone both of whom are unrealistic.

Is it Favre - don't know enough about him.

It could definately be Emery , De Boer or Koeman.

What about the Austrian, Turkish and Norwegian teams he's come up short against lad?

Brendan Rodgers nearly won the Premier League.

Ranieri has just won the Premier League, I know everybody suddenly thinks hes a top class manager, but this is a man that lost a game versus the Faroe Islands.

Instead of focusing on the 1 title McClaren won, focus on the 5 titles in 6 years FDB is likely to win this season, in the previous 6 seasons before he joined Ajax hadnt won the title.

Yes hes a gamble, but the mans a winner, not just a 1 time winner, but a 5 times winner, his record is impressive.

right you have convinced me

jose as first choice dream, de boer as second choice

not sure about 3rd...

What about the Austrian, Turkish and Norwegian teams he's come up short against lad?

Im gonna be honest, not once have even glanced at Ajaxs European results, I have no idea how they have got on, its a non factor for me, whilst you might think thats short sighted, I only judge people on what I think they should win, he should win the League and he wins it.

Im gonna be honest, not once have even glanced at Ajaxs European results, I have no idea how they have got on, its a non factor for me, whilst you might think thats short sighted, I only judge people on what I think they should win, he should win the League and he wins it.
On that yardstick Ronnie Deila should be in the frame

right you have convinced me

jose as first choice dream, de boer as second choice

not sure about 3rd...

My 3rd constantly changes.

I want Jose, hes numero uno, I do realise that its a complete dream, but you gotta have a dream, IIIIIII HAVE A DREAM!!!!!!!!!
Then FDB, his league titles impress me mucho
3rd choice sways between Cocu, Vitor and AVB, not overly convinced by any really, basically its Jose or RDB, whilst I would "accept" the likes of Pellegrini, Biesla, Emery, im not overly impressed with Koeman.

Fair dos mate. Interesting perspective.

I like to look at how much they can squeeze out of their clubs - can they consistently overperform and be tacically astute? Arguably winning 5 out of 6 (possible) league titles is overperforming to be fair.

Indeed, but even Jose is a gamble, he hasnt managed a club like us since Porto, 12 years ago, how will he cope?

Theres not a single manager that currently wouldnt be a gamble.

For me we need a winner, somebody who knows how to win, somebody hungry to win, theres not a single manager in the world we could point to and say "yeah, he would nail it".
Not sure we're quite like Porto because we'll have money but I take your point. He's definitely less of a gamble than Emery and De Boer but all 3 are winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.