Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Mick Lyons or Dave Watson gone off with some stomach cramps ?

He maybe potentially boss Stones.. But he's a bit of a fanny..

To be fair, I defy any man to play football with stomach cramps :Blink:

I think the question is whether this is the truth or if he just bottled it.

]Honestly think starting the season with an ageing centre half, an Argentinian unknown and an inexperienced defender was up there with his worst decisions and there's been plenty to pick from.
That's a bit harsh, Jags has still got a lot left in him, Mori has been our only consistent threat from Corners since probably Cahill, and Stones was about to leave us for £40 million. Individually they're quite good, but that's the problem, we're not playing as a team. There was 0 communication tonight without Jags on the field, which says a lot about the immaturity of Stones. But what we needed most was depth, which you eluded to, we needed a Caulker or a Chester as a 4th string Centre Back, just someone who can come in and do a job when were tight for numbers.

Just want to say a word about supporters who have stood by Martinez, including the obvious one.

I agreed with them in the context of the boards ambition, specifically Bill Kenwright. That ambition has gone south during the last couple of decades and subsequently now we are facing a nadir moment because of the incompetence riven into the club. But that was a different time, expectations were low. That was then, this is now and plucky little Everton, the Peoples club, just isn't going to cut it anymore. But I agreed, that Board and their remit, he wouldn't be sacked and under their stewardship, we'd probably be facing another season of Martinez. More mediocrity and underachievement in other words.

The defence of Martinez was argued passionately and eloquently based on those assumptions. And that's when my opinion began to diverge. Once the premise that we lived within the parameters of wage bill comparisons and expenditure based on our less illustrious peers, had disappeared. The landscape changed.

Regardless of all that, tonight showed. In fact, painfully demonstrated just how far Martinez is out of his league. He was schooled by Klopp tonight. That lot don't have better players. The truth is. They have a far superior manager.

Unfortunately I think, many supporters will be disappointed if they wish to see him fired immediately. I think it's more plausible that he is going to be kept on until at least the semi - final and maybe until the end of the season. But his time is over. And Kenwright's time for that matter too. They're a busted flush.

There's hope though on this darkest of nights, from the ashes we'll be reforged. I sincerely believe that. Actually history has taught me that. And if there's one thing that we as Evertonians have, it's history. I think we are witnessing a turning point. Keep the faith brothers our day will come.

I do get why people stood by him, even though they have been proven completely wrong.

Tonight is the turning point though. Anyone wanting him to remain here after that hasn't got a clue. There's no way you can stand by and accept that kind of 'performance' and continue to support him.

Martinez got found out after season one. To many, the flaws were there, lack of defence, fitness, discipline clear to see
Kenwright and the club always flower up values of our players and few have left to bigger and better things, we should of snatched
Chelsea`s hands off at 50 mil, he wanted to go, his request was an `accident` but how does this `accident` affect things going forward ?
I think we saw that tonight ... Bill took a gamble on Martinez we were all well aware of his record, he was mentioned as going to arsenal, liverpool, and us, we took the gamble but now is the time to cut losses and move on
that was my biggest shock tonight....how unfit yous were

That's a bit harsh, Jags has still got a lot left in him, Mori has been our only consistent threat from Corners since probably Cahill, and Stones was about to leave us for £40 million. Individually they're quite good, but that's the problem, we're not playing as a team. There was 0 communication tonight without Jags on the field, which says a lot about the immaturity of Stones. But what we needed most was depth, which you eluded to, we needed a Caulker or a Chester as a 4th string Centre Back, just someone who can come in and do a job when were tight for numbers.

I love Jags but he's had a few injuries now and that was always likely during this campaign.

We should have been bringing in someone with Premier League experience all day long.

Just want to say a word about supporters who have stood by Martinez, including the obvious one.

I agreed with them in the context of the boards ambition, specifically Bill Kenwright. That ambition has gone south during the last couple of decades and subsequently now we are facing a nadir moment because of the incompetence riven into the club. But that was a different time, expectations were low. That was then, this is now and plucky little Everton, the Peoples club, just isn't going to cut it anymore. But I agreed, that Board and their remit, he wouldn't be sacked and under their stewardship, we'd probably be facing another season of Martinez. More mediocrity and underachievement in other words.

The defence of Martinez was argued passionately and eloquently based on those assumptions. And that's when my opinion began to diverge. Once the premise that we lived within the parameters of wage bill comparisons and expenditure based on our less illustrious peers, had disappeared. The landscape changed.

Regardless of all that, tonight showed. In fact, painfully demonstrated just how far Martinez is out of his league. He was schooled by Klopp tonight. That lot don't have better players. The truth is. They have a far superior manager.

Unfortunately I think, many supporters will be disappointed if they wish to see him fired immediately. I think it's more plausible that he is going to be kept on until at least the semi - final and maybe until the end of the season. But his time is over. And Kenwright's time for that matter too. They're a busted flush.

There's hope though on this darkest of nights, from the ashes we'll be reforged. I sincerely believe that. Actually history has taught me that. And if there's one thing that we as Evertonians have, it's history. I think we are witnessing a turning point. Keep the faith brothers our day will come.
Thats what ive been saying recently myself, i think he'll get until the end of the cup run whenever that may be. We cant bring in managers like pellegrini, koeman, etc until the end of the season anyways

Honestly don't think the players want to play for him anymore, with a few already eying up to leave.

We've nothing to play for in the league since January. They know it and are all thinking of the summer.

They'll probably put a shift in for the cup game as its something. But due to the manager, it won't be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.