Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@davek if Martinez spends £60 million+ in the summer and we are still in mid table for a 3rd season running would you want him out?

Wouldn't that kind of depend on other factors? Let's say we win the Cup this season (a real possibility), and then go on to win the Europa League next season. Winning two pots in consecutive years would be incredible scenes...and we'd be in the Champions League.

Wouldn't that kind of depend on other factors? Let's say we win the Cup this season (a real possibility), and then go on to win the Europa League next season. Winning two pots in consecutive years would be incredible scenes...and we'd be in the Champions League.

In that situation he should be kept on I agree, but taking out winning the EL even if he wins the FA cup this season I would want him gone if next season he underachieves in the league again.

For me winning the cup this season should be the only thing that sees him given another season to have a crack at it. Long term unless he sorts out his league form I can't see him lasting his contract especially if Moshiri has ambitions of filling out a new 50-55k seater stadium, no chance we will attract those additional season ticket buyers with only 4 home wins a season.

Doesn't make it an accurate poll. Polls on internet forums are hardly accurate...especially considering when they are posted.
This is the thing. All depends what you ask and who to. Picked that up from an episode of West Wing when they were fretting about how 80 per cent of Americans didn't want to decriminalise the burning of the American flag. Then they discover that it wouldn't change how anyone but a few voted.

@davek if Martinez spends £60 million+ in the summer and we are still in mid table for a 3rd season running would you want him out?
£60M+ net spend? There'd be no hiding place then...and it would be justifiable if he were to face calls for his dismissal. Just to be abundantly clear. :coffee:

This may be correct but it also may be wrong for example, for example if we were on 39 points after 32 games (which I think we were as we lost the last 6) then you'd have to analyse the other members of the bottom 3's form over the final 6 games, they may have been relegated on 34 games and then went on a mini run after the pressure was off to get within a few points although it was never possible for them to catch us.

Similar to how Chelaea slumped last season after winning the league and city won a couple which would of made the title race look closer than it was.
Yes, yes...but still incorrect to state we were safe 5 games from the season's end.

Doesn't make it an accurate poll. Polls on internet forums are hardly accurate...especially considering when they are posted.

I agree polls might not be totally accurate but I do think they have some legs and reflect the reality. I am not surprised most fans want him gone given two seasons of rubbish league results. This may change if he wins the cup.

£60M+ net spend? There'd be no hiding place then...and it would be justifiable if he were to face calls for his dismissal. Just to be abundantly clear. :coffee:

Thing is Dave we have spent £30 odd million net this year (more than the likes of Stoke, WBA and Southampton) who are all above us.

That's why for me based on the last 2 previous league positions if he doesn't win the cup this year he doesn't deserve a 4 season. Although I think he'll get it regardless (unless a defeat to say a Watford In the final pushes the fans OTT and the new fella decides to use that as an opportunity to get rid)

Thing is Dave we have spent £30 odd million net this year (more than the likes of Stoke, WBA and Southampton) who are all above us.

That's why for me based on the last 2 previous league positions if he doesn't win the cup this year he doesn't deserve a 4 season. Although I think he'll get it regardless (unless a defeat to say a Watford In the final pushes the fans OTT and the new fella decides to use that as an opportunity to get rid)
Stoke have spent quite a bit. Southampton have been impressive with their spending. Koeman will take over from Wenger...no shadow of a doubt in my mind.

Yes, yes...but still incorrect to state we were safe 5 games from the season's end.
You don't know that unless you check the 3rd bottom team, could of been on 24pts and only managed to get 10 from possible 15, you also said that because we finish 4 or 5 points ahead of 3rd bottom means we were not safe until game day 36 was finished, that to was potentially incorrect to state.

Status
Not open for further replies.