Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The part in bold is you smuggling in a consequence that was never implied. You smuggle it in as it's the only way to get your 'smoking gun' vaulting exercise to work, so I dont blame you in the least for trying to insert it.

I stated a year ago there would be no hiding place - and that's where we are: the manager facing a full scale forum based lynching.

So, as you can see, the consistency is still intact. If there's a posting of mine you wish to provide where I've stated he should be dismissed I'd be happy to deal with it.
You've been well and truly had by Esk there. No Way did you mean, when YOU said....

''If we're not comfortably in the top half there won't be any hiding place''

.....That the big Nasty folk on GOT would turn on him. You meant (probably because you were so confident he wouldn't have us lower mid table again) you'd be done with him.

That's why you said initially

''I like him and his style BUT''

Just to justify that you weren't (at that point talking about the here and now)

Played Esk.

It's sad seeing Dave be this way, like when Stone Cold turned heel you just didn't want to face the fact that the man could sell out his soul to Mr Mcmahon. Come back to us Dave please.

4th is better than 5th, that's the bottom line. So he hasn't delivered our best PL campaign.

What you could say instead is that he delivered our best PL return; now I know it doesn't have the same pull as what you're trying to insinuate but there's no argument then.

You're welcome

P.s. I'll keep my eagle on your posts so I know the advice was taken on board
'Best PL return of any Everton manager in the Premier League era"...yes, yes I like that.

I have never suggested that you suggested he be dismissed, but given you anticipated the response to this level of performance 12 months ago, I find it very odd that you should be so quick to criticise those that hold that view, including myself.

It's the natural consequences of Martinez' consistent under-performance - I really don't mind or care if you hold an alternate view, but I do find it strange that you should characterise supporters who hold that view in the manner you have, given you yourself anticipated it.
Predicting it would arrive, yes. But saying it would be justified was not the corollary. In what sense did my post from 12 months ago imply it would and that it'd be inappropriate to face down calls for his dismissal?

It just doesn't flow.

This is one of those situations where you look at something and at first think it doesn't tally; but when you analyse it further it just doesn't scan that way and the contradiction you felt was there isn't.

Yes, so any players playing in their Europa league campaign would have had to endure the championship at the same time

Hardly enticing and a very poor example used by @Toffeelover

Mate it is useless tagging me, I do not know what it means and furthermore could not give a toss. I was just expressing my view in my post what is wrong with that. It make not be agreeing with you but that's life.

Mate it is useless tagging me, I do not know what it means and furthermore could not give a toss. I was just expressing my view in my post what is wrong with that. It make not be agreeing with you but that's life.
Eh? I tagged you purely so you were still involved in the conversation.
Absolutely nothing wrong with your view, I just didn't agree with the example.

No, sorry. Safe with two games to go that season. Everton were on 39 points after 35 games, Leeds in third bottom were on 32 points.

As said "a real relegation" threatened season.
This may be correct but it also may be wrong for example, for example if we were on 39 points after 32 games (which I think we were as we lost the last 6) then you'd have to analyse the other members of the bottom 3's form over the final 6 games, they may have been relegated on 34 games and then went on a mini run after the pressure was off to get within a few points although it was never possible for them to catch us.

Similar to how Chelaea slumped last season after winning the league and city won a couple which would of made the title race look closer than it was.

Predicting it would arrive, yes. But saying it would be justified was not the corollary. In what sense did my post from 12 months ago imply it would and that it'd be inappropriate to face down calls for his dismissal?

It just doesn't flow.

This is one of those situations where you look at something and at first think it doesn't tally; but when you analyse it further it just doesn't scan that way and the contradiction you felt was there isn't.

No further questions M'Lud. ....

That poll is hardly valid...just as one would be if we win the Cup. Internet forums are filled with emotional creatures.

Don't know how many polls are there on the internet. Toffeeweb has one. Almost 6000 votes and 79% want him out as of this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.