Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone will be bought by the Chinese it will be the kopites sadly. Play in red, got the name of the city for the brand and already have a large following in Asia.

I've always thought the only 2 options for a foreign takeover would be American investors or a Russian billionaire wanting a plaything. For me Asian tycoons and Arab royals were always a pipe dream. Tbh don't think these guys will offer much to us unless there are rich businessmen in the consortium, Moores and Noell having links to horse racing and UK/Ireland is a positive as their are potential rich members of said consortium possibly from there.

According to Derek Hatton,Keith Harris has flown to the states(without Orville) on our behalf to tie up the takeover,this is the same Harris that recommended we sell to a fella in a bedsit,
What could go wrong?
Absolute joke.
Why would we have to fly someone out to finalise the deal? Surely the deal would be completed over here? That either sounds like total BS or shows that if they can't even be bothered coming over to tie up a deal then what hope do we have of them showing up at an actual game?

Can anyone point me to a quality primer re corporate buyouts / takeovers under British law and/or BPL & FA requirements? I know vaguely (from reading of Kroenke's buyin / buyout of Arsenal a few years ago) that there are different thresholds that place different requirements on the new owner. I spend most of my quality time on American healthcare law and would love something different to read!

Thx, David
Apples and pears mate -Arsenal is a traded plc, EFC ain't.
Look back over last few pages and the important shareholding thresholds are 75 and 90 percent in a private company takeover if the aim is 100% ownership and check out @The Esk threadmark on this thread.

Can anyone point me to a quality primer re corporate buyouts / takeovers under British law and/or BPL & FA requirements? I know vaguely (from reading of Kroenke's buyin / buyout of Arsenal a few years ago) that there are different thresholds that place different requirements on the new owner. I spend most of my quality time on American healthcare law and would love something different to read!

Thx, David

You might want to read this, relating specifically to acquisition of UK private companies:

GUIDE

Premier league rulebook :

HERE

I think it is particularly relevant. I can't believe new owners will go to the expense and hassle of issuing new shares after acquiring a majority holding and then significantly invest themselves. Far cleaner to acquire all the shares in the first instance and then recapitalise the wholly owned business.

If they just retain a majority interest it suggests strongly to me that future capital will come from debt sources not equity.

No doubt rules in US and UK are different, but even if they controlled 51% of the shares would they not have complete control over the club? In the US, 51% control would protect any private equity that enters the club; it should only dilute your tax benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.